Trouble with python mode

I installed python mode but when I click on python in the dropdown, an error window appears
Title: Python mode Error
Meassage: Cannot start python sketch runner.
I’m fairly new to programming and processing, I’ve done several p5.js sketches and have been writing a lot of python programs.
I’ve googled the error and tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I just can’t seem to get python mode to work…

I should add that processing completely closed when this happens…

What instructions did you follow? Did you install python in your system? Also, what is your OS?

Kf

I followed the instructions on the github page for processing.py in the readme file.

I am running on Ubuntu 16…which has python installed already, I can run python 2.7 or 3.5

Ok, I think it has something to do with the java not python, when processing starts there is a message saying not fond of this java. I tried copying an example from the getting started page, to run a sketch in the default java mode and a bunch of errors were popping up…my internet is not reliable where I am right now so I will have to wait until next week when I get back home and try getting a different version of java

Keep us posted. i’m sure we will figure this out: - )