Sketch folder dissapeared

I accidentally moved the Processing folder from the Documents folder to another location and Processing stopped launching: every time I launch Processing, I get an error message that says “Sketch folder disappeared”, and then Processing crashes. I put the Processing folder back to documents (I am running on OS X), I have erased Processing and its folders, and download it again and nothing…

Were you able to resolve this?

Thanks jeremydouglass for your response… unfortunately I just can’t resolve this problem, I keep on trying but I just can’t make Processing work again, and I am a bit desperate about it for part of my work depends on this. I need to use another computer but this is very inconvenient…

Have you tried setting aside / renaming the folder /Users/gomiza/Library/Processing before doing a fresh install ? That could persist settings across installs.

It is also possible that if you dragged your Processing Documents folder somewhere and then dragged it back, you changed permissions on that folder, and Processing can no longer write to it. In that case it might attempt to get the folder (fail), then attempt to create the folder and also fail…

I tried renaming, putting aside, remove both processing folders (in Library and in Documents), restart the computer, download processing again… Now I don´t get the message saying the sketch folder dissapeared, processing simply crashes and won’t start… thanks for all the tips!

1 Like