Processing 3.5.4 crashing on startup

I am trying to open up the software in Windows 10, but it shows the splash screen for a couple seconds and closes down.
I tried updating Java and redownloading Processing, which didn’t help.
I went into the Appdata/roaming folder and deleted the preferences.txt file.
I was able to open Processing right after doing that, but if I close it and try to open it again, I encounter the same issue.

Here is the l4j-debug dump:

Version: 3.9
CmdLine: C:\processing-3.5.4\processing.exe --l4j-debug
WOW64: yes
Working dir: C:\processing-3.5.4.
Bundled JRE: java
Check launcher: C:\processing-3.5.4\java\bin\javaw.exe (OK)
Heap -Xmx: Requested 256 MB / 0%, Available: 1513 MB, Heap size: 256 MB
Substitute: EXEDIR = C:\processing-3.5.4
Add classpath: lib\pde.jar
Add classpath: core\library\core.jar
Add classpath: lib\jna.jar
Add classpath: lib\jna-platform.jar
Add classpath: lib\antlr.jar
Add classpath: lib\ant.jar
Add classpath: lib\ant-launcher.jar
Launcher: C:\processing-3.5.4\java\bin\javaw.exe
Launcher args: -Xmx256m -Djava.ext.dirs=“C:\processing-3.5.4\java\lib\ext” -Djna.nosys=true -Djna.boot.library.path=lib -Djna.nounpack=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -classpath “lib;lib\pde.jar;core\library\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\jna-platform.jar;lib\antlr.jar;lib\ant.jar;lib\ant-launcher.jar” processing.app.Base
Args length: 358/32768 chars
Exit code: 0

1 Like

That looks odd. Is your install really supposed to be installed in the \ root of your C:\ drive…?

It was not originally. I moved it there after getting the error, because i thought it might be related to having a path to the executable that was too long.

Has a solution been found? Getting the same issue :frowning:

What might be the issue is that in addition to telling Windows it is not a virus when you first download and run the program, you also have to make sure Windows didn’t quarantine any of the files anyway. You can check this by going to Virus & Threat Protection > Protection History > and restoring any quarantined file.

1 Like