Please Introduce Yourself

Hello! I am Peter. I am a student who is loving learning how to code. I originally began learning on Khan Academy and once I wanted to explore further I learned processing. I love how processing allows for learning and understanding coding visually. I have been using processing for about four years, and although I am not on very often, I love the environment and people processing has on its forum. You guys are AMAZING!!! :smiley:

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

Iā€™m Justin, and Iā€™m currently living in Southern California. I recently just graduated this past week with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering! I have been using Processing for about 2-3 years, mainly as just a hobby, but I would definitely love to get further into it now, especially being finished with school!
I would LOVE to get in touch with more people who are into creative coding (not many of them are over here) and get more involved altogether :slight_smile:
Thank you guys!

5 Likes

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Lord of Galaxy (I donā€™t generally give my real name publicly), those of you from the old forum probably know me. Iā€™m from India, and Iā€™m a student with interest in programming, who first started with Processing

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

Iā€™m Joseph Henry, 19 and I live in France.
Iā€™m currently il a double license in Science (Sorbonne UniversitĆ© Paris 6) & Design (ENSCI les Ateliers) and I love coding!
Iā€™ve been practicing processing since 2017 and I know Python, C, HTML/CSS.

5 Likes

Hi everyone. It is nice to meet you all. My name is Colin Thil. Iā€™m a french artist and co-founder of Martianā€™s Parlor Entertainment, a publishing house for artistā€™s projects. Iā€™ve been using processing as an autodidact since my fine-arts studies few years ago, and I keep using it now for few projects, mostly video games. You can see some of them right here. Now I use mostly p5 and I enjoy it a lot.

3 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m Matt Kane, a visual artist, making paintings using custom software I write with Processing. For more on my coding practice and examples of my work, please visit http://mattkane.com/about.

4 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Matthew Ortega. I am an artist, designer and musician based out of New York and I started working with Processing about 3 years ago. I received most of my education about coding from books and tutorials by Casey Reas, Daniel Shiffman, and Joshua Davis, and the great Processing community. I now hope to continue to make work procedural art work that connects sound and image, and also to begin sharing what I have learned with my local community. Loving the new forum, great work as always!

You can find out more about my work on my website or my instagram feed.

3 Likes

Hello there!
Iā€™m Kiran, AKA Trilobyte, and I am a US student going on to study biomedical engineering/biochemistry in college. I used the old forum to teach myself some Processing, and I quickly found that the language is truly unique and fun to work with. Needless to say, I have learned a lot since my old days in the old forum, and now work a lot with genetic algorithms and neural networks, mainly building programs that learn how to play old arcade games autonomously. I learned a lot from @TfGuy44, so thanks! Programming in Processing is a hobby for me, and I canā€™t wait to work more on this new forum, passing what little I know forward!

4 Likes

Hello!
I am Rolando Rodriguez-Leal, I am an Architect and Co-Founder at AIDIA Studio an experimental platform for architecture and design. I have also just been appointed Adjunct Professor on Design Studio and Digital Fabrication at Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City. I was first introduced to processing in 2012 and have been playing with it on and off ever since, with my recent appointment in University I have now the space to get properly acquainted with it and hopefully start a journey with my students to benefit from its enormous potential.

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Mathieu Heynen. Iā€™m living in Belgium in Brussels. I started my studies (a bachelor of
computer graphics design) to learn Processing. So I used more for 10 years ago.
I did a lot of experiment to mix juggling and interactive visuals or sound made with processing.
I write little tools to help my life of graphist. Now Iā€™m working of a software and library of video mapping ready for raspberry. I give informatics lessons in Brussels. my website. Processing is a part of my life, I donā€™t want to change ā€¦

3 Likes

Aloha Iā€™m Orthoclaise. Iā€™ve been playing around with Processing for about a year, using it to hone my skills coding as well as to put a use to all the junk I have in my basement. Iā€™m mostly looking into using it for creating interfaces to peripherals: Arduino, servo controller boards, and other things that blink.

2 Likes

Hi
Iā€™m Gareth Wilkins, a mathematics teacher in Manchester UK. I am also a Model Rail hobbyist and am using Processing, Arduino and Raspberry Pi to control and make sounds for my railway.

2 Likes

Hello. My name is Colin Selleck and I teach Mechanical Engineering at Binghamton University in upstate New York. I have been coding for 40 years, having started out in Fortran on an IBM 360. Currently I use c, C++, Processing, HTML, and Matlab. On the side, I work with artists (and anyone else!) to help them with projects using my coding skills.

4 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Devin. Iā€™m primarily a musician and writer, but I did some CS back in college and Processing is my go-to when I have a programming task to tackle. Iā€™ve used it for everything under the sun: custom MIDI and light programming, making music videos, building twitter bots, and all kinds of unglamorous behind-the-scenes string stuff like parsing/formatting XML / JSON / etc.

2 Likes

Hi!
My name is Tristan. My first encounter with processing must have been in 2012. I study contemporary electroacoustic music and audiovisual art in Germany. I use processing in conjunction with SuperCollider and/or CSound to create generative audiovisual works.
Some of my work can be found here and here

Iā€™m also a part-time game-developer/composer/sounddesigner at backwoods entertainment

2 Likes

Hi everyone, the name is Richard Luxon, I live in BC Canada. Here to learn how to make GUI displays for my arduino projects. Im a total noob to programming, but been around electronics since I was old enough to know a resistor from a diode (7 years old).

I know I will have lots of questions, and need lots of help, so please bear with me while Im learning.

Cheers.

2 Likes

doing a great job!!
you guys @shiffman and the @ProcessingOrg how much are you changing my life!!
just a huge THANKS from my tiny mathy heart from india!!

2 Likes

:relaxed:hola!! iā€™m yaan; i learn whatever my brain asks me to!!
iā€™ve been learning web programming when i was in 9th gradeā€¦ and these days i came up with JavaScript thingā€¦ and fortunately i found p5.js library on the internet; huge thanks to @shiffman for his time-passing, entertaining and informative videos the Coding Train channel of YouTube!!
processing foundation is helping me by two thingsā€¦ p5.js and processing for android!!
:relaxed:

2 Likes

Iā€™m Carmine from NYC.

Iā€™m an adjunct professor at The New School (Parsons School of Design) in New York City. I just finished teaching their ā€œGames 101ā€ course and this summer I will be teaching a Game Development course.

I have a couple of apps in various app stores and a game on Steam.

Iā€™m looking forward to teaching Processing to my students, and seeing what kind of crazy stuff I can do with this thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I am Prasad Samgiskar from India, Mechanical Engineer.
Started learning arduino, and found out į¹­here are lot more projects and fun things that can be done using arduino and processing together , really enjoying it.

2 Likes