GSOC'22 Proposal- Education for all

Hello everyone, sending much love to each one of you. I’m here with my proposal for this summer on the topic “Education for all”. This project comes under “Continued Development of p5.js Teach page”. It would be of great help if mentor @yinhwa and other people at community can review my proposal so that I can improve the same in upcoming days.
Here’s is the link for the same: GSOC’22 PROPOSAL - PROCESSING - Google Docs

3 Likes

Hi @divyansh013 looks like you have added a great amount of detail! :+1: I appreciate how you observed and pondered on the /teach page from such various angles. For now, you might also want to think about what you’d prioritize among the tasks you have defined? (i.e. reaching out to more educators & educators already introduced on /teach, social media promotion of #Education_for_All, UI/UX improvement, teach & learn page integration, Hindi translation) Breaking down the sub-tasks of the prioritized will also help enhance the overall feasibility of your idea :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

First of all thanks for taking out your time and reviewing my proposal. Taking about my priority order then it’ll go like-
Collecting data of educators and reaching out to them(it’s quite obvious to keep this at top priority because after this only the whole project will make sense).
UI/UX improvements to ensure smooth flow while adding more content.
Social media and on ground campaign for Education for all to motivate more educators and to create awareness about p5.js
Intergrating Teach page and Learn page making resources of Teach page more accesible.
Hindi Translation of Teach page.

1 Like

Hi @divyansh013 In my opinion, these four tasks out of what you have enumerated both in the draft proposal and the latest comment could be considered rather “mid- to large-scale” by themselves. By “mid- to large-scale” I mean, each one of the tasks can be rendered as a single project, when considered the scope/scale of the deliverables :

1. Updating the contents & UI/UX on /teach
  2. Integrating Teach page and Learn page
  3. Social media and on ground campaign for Education for all
  4. Hindi Translation of Teach page.

From these options, you can definitely try highlight what you’d like the most to contribute for this year’s GSoC & the p5/processing community. You can also consider for whom you’d like to enhance the diversity & accessibility of /teach.

Finally, narrowing down into their sub-tasks will be helpful to see your project’s overall direction & doability within the given timeline of GSoC. For example:

1. Updating the contents & UI/UX on /teach
    i) Collecting data of educators and reaching out to them
  • Sub-task #1
  • Sub-task #2
  • Sub-task #3
    ii) UI/UX improvements to ensure smooth flow while adding more content.
  • Sub-task #1
  • Sub-task #2
  • Sub-task #3

Always welcome more questions and thoughts. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like