Windows Defender reports virus in Downloads

Windows Defender reports virus in Downloads, on both 32 and 64 bit versions of Processing. I have tried again on a different machine (still with Windows 10) and get the same issue…

See:

1 Like

This was back in March. I am on latest Windows Defender updates, and this is still a problem. This must be a big turn-off for your customers and I am very surprised that 7 months later it is still an issue.

Well, Processing is volunteer driven, open source, and free – so I think it doesn’t have “customers” (although you may donate money to the non-profit). This issue is also completely controlled by Microsoft – Processing coders can’t do anything directly except file false positive reports, only Microsoft can change their proprietary, secret detector code that is giving a false reading in this case.

Submitted to Microsoft as a false positive: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission which is all we can do at this point.

If you would like to also submit another false positive report, it would be appreciated! Microsoft does have customers, and I think this would be a big turn-off for them. But then, I don’t run Windows…

1 Like