Processing won't launch 3.3.7 Windows 10

I just downloaded processing and the program doesn’t launch. I read through this page and it seems like I should be able to just download the file, extract it and run the .exe, However when I do so, I get the loading screen for a fraction of a second before the program crashes. I also read through here and ran it through cmd with --l4j-debug, Here’s the output, but I don’t know what to make of this

Version: 3.9
CmdLine: C:\Users\immil\Documents\processing-3.3.7-windows64\processing-3.3.7\processing.exe --l4j-debug
WOW64: yes
Working dir: C:\Users\immil\Documents\processing-3.3.7-windows64\processing-3.3.7.
Bundled JRE: java
Check launcher: C:\Users\immil\Documents\processing-3.3.7-windows64\processing-3.3.7\java\bin\javaw.exe (not found)
64-bit search: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment…
32-bit search: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment…
64-bit search: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit…
Check: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.8
Ignore: 1.8
Check: SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit\1.8.0_181
Check launcher: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181\jre\bin\javaw.exe (OK)
Match: 1.8.0_181
Runtime used: 1.8.0_181 (64-bit)
Heap -Xmx: Requested 256 MB / 0%, Available: 2508 MB, Heap size: 256 MB
Substitute: EXEDIR = C:\Users\immil\Documents\processing-3.3.7-windows64\processing-3.3.7
Add classpath: lib\pde.jar
Add classpath: core\library\core.jar
Add classpath: lib\jna.jar
Add classpath: lib\jna-platform.jar
Add classpath: lib\antlr.jar
Add classpath: lib\ant.jar
Add classpath: lib\ant-launcher.jar
Launcher: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181\jre\bin\javaw.exe
Launcher args: -Xmx256m -Djava.ext.dirs=“C:\Users\immil\Documents\processing-3.3.7-windows64\processing-3.3.7\java\lib\ext” -Djna.nosys=true -Djna.boot.library.path=lib -Djna.nounpack=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -classpath “lib;lib\pde.jar;core\library\core.jar;lib\jna.jar;lib\jna-platform.jar;lib\antlr.jar;lib\ant.jar;lib\ant-launcher.jar” processing.app.Base
Args length: 407/32768 chars
Exit code: 1

I never installed or reinstalled java, I read on one of the processing pages that

It’s never necessary to install Java to use Processing. Across all platforms, Processing uses its own copy of Java that’s embedded inside the application.

I’m kinda at a loss as to what to do

javaw.exe (not found) Ru sure you properly extracted the downloaded “.zip” file? :thinking:

Maybe use a better utility for it like 7-zip? :hammer_and_wrench: https://www.7-zip.org/

Huh, That was it, I hadn’t checked before but the extracted file was 1.95 Mb, little small since the download was 120Mb, but once I used 7-zip it extracted correctly and worked.