Please Introduce Yourself

Hi all,

I am Miguel Sanches. I am currently working as a junior enginner and programmer at a broadcasting company.

I came across processing at my work in 2019. I studied physics engineering with a master’s in nanotechnology and didn’t have almost any experience in computer programming. Nowadays, I use on a daily basis Processing to design GUI, dashboards, and communication interfaces with electronic modules.
I became a user of this great forum to learn “new” topics, get some experience, and hopefully contribute to new projects and help others!

A special word and many thanks to all of you who contribute daily to develop Processing tools and take the time to help new users reaching new programming levels and clarify any doubts! Thank you @ProcessingOrg!

8 Likes

Hi Arad, I am looking for a processing js programmer in Israel. Would you happen to know any?

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am Rishabh Taparia, an engineering student at NIT Trichy India. I was introduced to the processing foundation around three months back by one of my friend. I was amazed that it provides us Developers to combine our artistic and programming skills. I am still at my early stages at learning about the various applications of p5.js but am very excited to learn more about it. I am looking forward to this forum and contributing to this wonderful organization in all ways possible. Thanks!

6 Likes

Hello

I am Mohana Sundaram. I believe everyone has a space in tech and p5 made it lot easier for people to start involving in tech. I came across p5.js from the coding train youtube channel and it was amazing to write javascript in a simple and straightforward way. I started going through the codebase to know how it is implemented and I made my first contribution that day.

This community has helped me in understanding p5.js implementation and I am really thankful to this forum

7 Likes

Hello everyone!!!
This is so exciting. I just joined the community and would first like to wish you all a very happy new year and holiday season!
My name is Sasha and I have been working at GoodCore Software, an app development company, in the UK. I may be a developer by day, but I spend my free time playing the guitar and listening to bad pop music. :grinning:
So happy to see the diverse portfolio of all the members of this community!

5 Likes

Hello Processing community!

I’m Glenn from Long Island, New York, USA, and have been programming with p5.js since October, 2020, and sketching with Processing in Python and Java Modes for several years. My interests are in the natural sciences, geography, computer science, fractals, recursions, algorithms that combine order and chaos, and mashups that involve any of these subject areas.

The work of the Processing community as a whole and that of its individual members are a great source of ideas and inspiration!

6 Likes

I never seem to know what to type up for an introduction. So here goes.
My name is Kevin, I live in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. I don’t care for interaction with people in “the real world” to much, so where I live is 20 minute drive to the closest gas station. This gives me the ability to really focus on things without interruptions.

I started programming about 6 years ago. I started with C/C++ writing firmware for the Arduino. I was wanting to automate something in my home that there was nothing already made to control it. During the time I was building that device I had a need to transmit information from the Arduino to a PC. I found a piece of software that would help me do that and the author of that software helped me out quite a bit and also introduced me to a program called EventGhost. Some of you may have heard of it. Fast forward a few years, I am not the administrator/developer of EventGhost, not exactly sure how that happened but it did. In the last 5-6 years I am a pretty decent Python developer. I have become very good at writing Python bindings to Windows API functions and COM objects in pure Python. I am also good at writing code for Bindings to just about any dynamic library and have some experience writing bindings to static libraries using Cython.

My focus of attention is now reverse engineering the data systems in vehicles and designing upgrades that are drop in replacements for stock components.There are 2 projects I am focusing on at the moment, one of them is a replacement for old analog style gauges and also converting headlights to the technology seen in high end vehicles sold today.

I read over the “asking a question” and the “answering a question” topics and I have to say that the philosophy of the people that run this forum is identical to what mine is on the support forum for EventGhost. This is great to see and it is not seen all that often.

Beware! anyone that reads my posts should expect to read a “book” I try to be as complete as I can. I do not like playing the 20 questions game and try to include everything in single posts.

So there are some things about me.

6 Likes

Hi @kgschlosser ,

Nice to have you here! :wink:

Thank you for telling your story, have fun!

1 Like

Hello all :wave: I’m Colin - I work as a mobile software engineer by trade, and am also a musician and aspiring generative artist. I’ve been toying with Processing on and off for a few years but have recently started playing with p5.js more.

I’m writing about my visual experiments (and more) on my blog, which I recently rebuilt.

5 Likes

Hello all, I’m Samson, I am a web developer, data analyst and a cloud native enthusiast, I got to know about processing on the Google Summer of Docs organization page. I have been working with and learning its internals few weeks back and looking forward to contribute to the docs.

1 Like

Hello, my name is António Costa, I’m an artist. I like to use processing and p5.js to create “tools” to edit images in weird ways.

My dream is some day be able to live as an artist :rofl: Yes, I’m a dreamer, better that being depressed.

My first topic ( sharing one example of what I usually do with processing ) :

3 Likes

Hello, I am Kasey, the beginner of the Processing & P5.js. :smiley:
I have been coding in processing for 3 months. I would like to enhance my coding skills.
I would like to create some works which combine the sound & visual together into an interactive work. That’s the reason for me to join the forum!

4 Likes

Hi guys, I’m Santos, I’m a very amateur engineer, I often encounter a lot of problems when I do DIY, I hope I can get solutions and learn more here.

3 Likes

Hello, I am Nancy. I am one of those who found out about Processing by chance (in my case it was the book Generative Design I saw in my workplace a few years ago) and fell in love with it. I am really interested in learning how to create animations and interactive apps with Processing using the artwork I like to create by hand and eventually add some music or educational content.
I’m a complete beginner in programming but I feel thankful for all the generous people in the Processing community who share their ideas and are kind to help others. Thank you all :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello everyone.
My name is Nikhil, i’m a second year engineering student from india. Learning react and node and also trying my hand in open source. looking forward to learning from you all.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone! I am Gautam Arora. I am a third year student pursuing a BTech degree in Information Technology. I am experienced in JavaScript and have contributed to organizations like Zulip, ESLint, and Material UI. Looking forward to make some valuable contributions here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Sangeet Sharma, CSE 2nd-year student from JIIT Noida. I am a keen learner and a passionate developer. I am interested in working under C/C++/Javascript/Nodejs/Reactjs/Expressjs/HTML/CSS/python
Email: sangeetsharmaofficial@gmail.com
I am a complete beginner in the field of open source contributions. I am looking forward to contributing to good communities. I would be grateful if somebody can guide me on how to start or provide me with some good first issues.

3 Likes

Hi I’m Andrew from Liverpool, UK. I use processing for creating art. I started 10 years ago for an Arts Masters degree. I used it in Fine Art and Fashion Design. Stopped for a while but restarting again as I miss it and want to rediscover things I love. Nice to meet you all.

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m Hugo, a Spanish physics-trained musician living in Taiwan. My journey with Processing started with me trying to make screensavers. After installing Lubuntu on my old laptop I fell in love with some of the default generative screensavers and wanted to make some of my own. Later on, I used Processing to make generative graphics that interact with the music I play following some of Daniel Shiffman’s awesome Coding Challenges. I appreciate the way PF’s social media presence makes coding and contributing accessible for beginners like me.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Dale, and I’m an assistive technologist in Michigan working with individuals with cognitive and physical disabilities. I came across Processing a couple days ago and I’ve already been able to piece together an app through the examples to help young users who are new to eye gaze systems develop a cause/effect association. I’m now working on a program for eyegaze users to send signals to an arduino so they can activate switches for switch adapted toys, RC cars, etc.
Thanks! I’ve been wanting to do this for a while.

4 Likes