Please Introduce Yourself

Your views resolve my issue. Thank you contributors.

1 Like

Hi! Iā€™m Ruben. Iā€™m working as a teacher in Melilla (a small spanish town in the north of Africa). I began to use processing so long ago, I think from 2009.
Iā€™m working on a project based on SBCs using processing. But this is very complicated.
Iā€™m here to keep on learning about this marevellous software and for sharing my little knowledge if possible!

2 Likes

Hello my name is Chris Ried; I work as a data scientist for Kirklandā€™s Home Decor living in Nashville TN. I have been a long time enthusiast of anything generative and have found myself always dabble with processing over the years for weeks at a time but never really engaged in the community much. So I want to change it and find some collaborations to participate in.

3 Likes

Hey There!

I am Marcin.K I am a CS student at the Maynooth University: Ireland, I love coding and learning. Currently working on a game in Processing called HiScapes ! It is a top-down RPG game with customisation and online. Will be released on Steam before the end of Summer ( No definite date yet )

4 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Mona. Iā€™m a business professional in the US. I began my coding journey a couple of years ago with Khan Academy, Codecademy, and a few others. I love it!

Recently while reviewing the KA tutorials, I found that their sample for setting up the canvas environment on an individual PC (outside of their sandbox) was broken, so I set out to find how to fix it. My search ended up here.

I am enjoying everything that Iā€™m learning, and am brainstorming how to apply it in my life. The possibilities are endless. I have a background in music and am excited to see ways that this language is being used in music. Also, I made the switch to solar power last year, and Iā€™m hoping that I can use what I learn here to maybe build some applications to monitor and manage my solar system.

11 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Steven. After almost 40 years a a freelance writer/editor working for newspapers, magazines, publishers and a management consulting company, I am returning to my first love of making art. If I had gone to art school, I know I would have gravitated toward computer graphics and, eventually, to creative coding. Iā€™ve made other attempts to learn coding, but I really get it for the first time with Processing.

8 Likes

Hi
Iā€™m 35yo and live in Sweden.
I work as a production engineer and also run a small business as 3D CAD consultant.
I define myself as a nerd! :nerd_face:
I found this forum in search after a solution on a problem I have in editing a code from a project Iā€™ve downloaded.
Iā€™m building a measuring arm.
Now I can really see myself digging in to this, it seems really awesome!
As soon as I hit send on this message Iā€™ll resume ā€œthe coding trainā€ on YouTube :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Hi, Im 18 and I live in Australia!
Iā€™ve used processing for 2 years and I make a heap of various projects ranging anywhere between arcadey games for jams ,a custom programming script interpreter that runs real-time, and my latest project: a real time 2d radiosity renderer inspired off pixel-flowā€™s unfinished one. The idea of processing is very appealing to me, and only recently have i discovered theres a thriving community behind it! <3 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hi , Iā€™m Paul. Writing RTOS and embedded code in the 70ā€™s, when Assembler was a HLL, to the liberating development that P3 and RaPi now enables (with a mid-point career change) describes my trip. After finding P3 Iā€™m astounded that It took a hacker like me only two weeks to prototype a fully functional flight management system ā€“ that would have been science-fiction in Apple II days. Iā€™m a grateful convert

11 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m :squid:. I got into Processing when my school introduced it to me, and so far, I love it! However, I normally code in C++, and sometime use Unreal. Btw, love this community!

4 Likes

Hello,
I go by Dr.Dremur online, (not related to Undertale, lol). Iā€™m a college student majoring in Game Design to be a 3D character modeller for video games. I was first introduced to Processing a few months back for my required Programming class. My last coding experince was using Game Maker in High School. I have all these ideas that I would love to create someday, and learning code will help for sure.

4 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Chris. A student in the realm of computer graphics. I have been using Processing since 2019 and I love creating some little gadgets with it. Hoping to learn more from this amazing community!

4 Likes

Hello there my name is Sam. I was introduced to processing when I tried to get into creative coding 6 or so years ago.Since processing didnā€™t have much OpenGL support I moved over to Cinder and tried to get a few projects started. Cinder became a bit hard to manage so I kinda gave up the last few years. Recently I saw the video on Processing 3 and am excited that OpenGL support is growing! I would really like to get plugged into the community here.

I work as a senior software engineer at a big company with a nice cushy job. My experience lies mainly in Python, C++, C#, and Javascript. Creative coding is just a hobby for me but itā€™s always on the back of my mind even when I am far removed from it. Thanks for keeping the community alive.

6 Likes

Good day, folks. Tom Kane, from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I more or less stumbled into Processing through the Arduino ā€œstarterā€ projects kit; the final two ā€œprojectsā€ includes the hobbyist (yeah, I used that word) to the possibilities of joining work on my desktop (PC - w10/64) with my Arduino,

I am totally a beginner (date of this writing is June 29, 2020), both in ā€œProcessingā€ and "Arduino. This is proving to be a great activity for a retired old guy (76, at this time).

In all honesty, I do see this as a source of sharing knowledge and skills. Ahead of time, I think you all.
Tom

9 Likes

Hi,
Iā€™m Jakob. Iā€™m about to finish my last year of a-levels in germany.
I first tried Processing while looking for other ways of programming(especially graphical) since I was using batch files only before and drawing with # on a 2D text canvas gets pretty boring and annoying at some point. So I downloaded Processing somewhere around Version 3.1. Having no idea what I did I dived right in with very little success. So I switched to BlueJ for a while, since we used it in school. Now at least knowing what a class is :wink: I got back to Processing and since then been using it almost constantly. Also worked quite a lot with the Android mode(which is great btw).

Iā€™m now trying to become more active and involved in the community to get some expierience and to come across ā€œnewā€ topics which you might never come across in your own projects.

5 Likes

Greeting Processors,

A long-time round-to-it project is now a bucket-list project since retirement --and Processing Language with com port support makes an ideal platform to develop telemetry for #1) Arduino automation. Data logging/graphing and real-time control loops and such.

BL Project #2 involves developing some meaningful visual interface that depicts datum-category variation ā€” to computer visualize a live category tree growing/evolving with category entries of a category engine. E.g, how would one picture sound-compression technology ā€˜watchingā€™ active categories of sound frequencies? What structures would convey the dynamics? Snowflakes? Fungal branching? Dots in space? 3D heat maps? Emoticons? Secret symbols?

Project #3 would be developing communication skills within this rich community of minds.

Live long and process,
Don

7 Likes

Welcome to the processing forum, I am long retired and hacking processing keeps me pretty occupied, especially in these strange times. Iā€™ve somewhat diversified into creating ruby implementations of processing. However I did spend sometime developing LSystems somewhat inspired by Algorithmic Beauty of Plants see this project on github, which may be of interest.

8 Likes

Thank you, Martin, for the welcoming words and the awesome paper on interface graphics!

Warm regards,
Don

Sir,

You are the reason why I started on Processing and still love it! Your tutorials are the best and so easy to follow and understand :smiley:
Thank you for doing such a great job!

8 Likes

I am a teen web developer. I got started with p5.js this year through Daniel Shiffmanā€™s tutorials. I was looking for something visual and processing changed my entire view of programming. I didnā€™t create super awesome marvelous sketches(still learning :slightly_smiling_face:). So nothing to share but my journey.
Programming doesnā€™t have to be about solving complex math equations or creating something like Facebook. It can be artistic, creative and fun as well. And I love processing(who doesnā€™t?).
Well I donā€™t have a PC. But that didnā€™t stop me from learning something. I made basic social network website using just my phone. And now I am learning about more advanced JavaScript. I am not a guru or anything but my journey so far taught me that if you have the will, trust me guys, you can change the worldā€‹:slightly_smiling_face: just gather the courage and will, everything else will flow like melted butter :sweat_smile:

7 Likes