X11Util.Display: Shutdown (JVM shutdown: true, open (no close attempt): 2/2, reusable (open, marked uncloseable): 0, pending (open in creation order): 2) X11Util: Open X11 Display Connections: 2 X11Util: Open: NamedX11Display[:0.0, 0x7f2984006ea0, refCount 1, unCloseable false] X11Util: Open: NamedX11Display[:0.0, 0x7f2984017e60, refCount 1, unCloseable false]
- What version of Processing?
- What operating system?
- Where is the error displayed – in PDE sketch console, from console with processing-java?
- By quitting do you mean closing a sketch editor window, or stopping a running sketch?
- Processing 3.5.3
- Arch linux
- In the console that is at the bottom of the IDE.
- Stopping a running sketch
I’m not sure. Here are some previous arch linux threads with helpful advice / links:
- Anyone using Processing in Archlinux or Vim's plugin: Vim-processing?
- [Linux] Unable to run - files and directories not found for java?
Another sometimes forum arch linux Processing user I know is @Architector_4
As far as I know, this is normal. I was getting this on Ubuntu too, and on now on Arch Linux, with any desktop environments and even when using Processing libraries in Eclipse.
While it is red, it says that it shuts down and nothing bad happens - all needed Processing hooks exit, the process closes, and all is good.
So yeah, as far as I know you can ignore this.
(@jeremydouglass great idea to tag me, that got me an email notification and I’m here. I think I can answer questions like that sometimes. Sorry for not being active on this forum much, free time becomes expensive :D)
@Architector_4 – sure, thanks so much for responding, and please feel free to ignore being tagged any time, for any reason! Your time is your own – always still grateful for any help you volunteer here when and as you can, and understand if you cannot.