About the Community category

Introductions, share opportunities, events, open calls, classes, and workshops

What’s happening with Processing in your local community? Are you offering a workshop or a class? Is there an exhibition opportunity or an open call for a fellowship or scholarship? Are you looking for a collaborator? Do you have a job opportunity? Please share here.

1 Like

I am a big fan of Processing. My background is mathematics at the University of Chicago, work as a professional programmer, PhD at New York University, research in robotics and manufacturing at IBM Research, other positions at IBM, then academia, now at Purchase College/State University of New York. Please visit

http://faculty.purchase.edu/jeanine.meyer/

At Purchase, we have a combined mathematics/computer science degree. We are pleased with the results from starting off with Processing, both for the majors and others who take the Computer Science 1 course. I am officially retired. However, I am teaching one section of our CS I class this semester. In the Spring, I will teach a new, general education mathematics class on origami.

My promotion of Processing is demonstrated by the publication of my book, Programming 101 (Apress Publishers chose the title). Please go to https://www.apress.com/br/book/9781484236963

Each chapter has a short section entitled Under the Covers , written in response to a friend who complained that students learning Processing did not know what was going on.

I look forward to participating in this community.

1 Like

I’m looking for contributors for a ‘marketing’ project for a non-profit in the medical field. This NFP is Folding@home, a group of researchers looking to disrupt ‘Big Pharma’, and provide hopefully more equitable vaccine access (unlike the COVAX scheme that was hijacked when push came to shove).

Looking to use Processing to design some content to be laser printed onto steel (square shaped at this stage). This steel will fit into a computer case that is custom-made of wood, allowing variation of design parameters. The case will hold a parallised GPU-heavy computer to run molecular dynamics computations.

Any questions, feel free to shoot them thru. Or even better, shoot thru any creative ideas on how to make text ‘content’ really emotive.

I’ve prototyped the following content:

This computer researchers new therapeutics for diseases that kill people.

Proteins’ shape evolution is predicted using mathematical modelling. Research directed by Folding@home. Mathamatical computation done by us. Positive health outcomes for not just the rich.