Unable to properly install SimpleOpenNI on MacOS BigSur

Issue Summary

I am trying to install the library the steps Ive been taking is to download the repo and unzip and copying the file over to processing/library/ folder but every time I try to run processing it says that I have not installed it properly and I get an error message about develop not able to trust from: GitHub - totovr/SimpleOpenNI: SimpleOpenNI library for Processing 3.5.2, 3.4, 3.3.7, 3.3.6 on MacOS for V1 and V2

I’ve tried from here: Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. but I am not sure if I am missing something to have the library working?

Processing Output:

macOS cannot verify the developer of “libSimpleOpenNI.jnilib”. Are you sure you want to open it? → open →

Error message:
Can’t load SimpleOpenNI library (SimpleOpenNI) : java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/user/Documents/Processing/libraries/SimpleOpenNI/library/libSimpleOpenNI.jnilib: dlopen(/Users/user/Documents/Processing/libraries/SimpleOpenNI/library/libSimpleOpenNI.jnilib, 1): Library not loaded: …/…/Bin/x64-Release/libOpenNI.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/user/Documents/Processing/libraries/SimpleOpenNI/library/libSimpleOpenNI.jnilib
Reason: image not found
Verify if you installed SimpleOpenNI correctly.
http://code.google.com/p/simple-openni/wiki/Installation
UnsatisfiedLinkError: SimpleOpenNI.SimpleOpenNIJNI.swig_module_init()V
A library relies on native code that’s not available.
Or only works properly when the sketch is run as a 32-bit application.

Operating system : MacOS
Version of Kinect : Kinect V1

A help with installing the library is greatly appreciated!

1 Like