Unsatisfied Link Error with OpenKinect on macOS Ventura

Hello all,
I tried loading my Kinect project after updating to macOS Ventura and now I get this error message:

UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can’t load library: /Users/lucas/Documents/Processing2/libraries/openkinect_processing/library/v2/mac/libturbojpeg.dylib
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can’t load library: /Users/lucas/Documents/Processing2/libraries/openkinect_processing/library/v2/mac/libturbojpeg.dylib
at processing.opengl.PSurfaceJOGL.lambda$initAnimator$2(PSurfaceJOGL.java:409)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
A library used by this sketch relies on native code that is not available.
UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can’t load library: /Users/lucas/Documents/Processing2/libraries/openkinect_processing/library/v2/mac/libturbojpeg.dylib

I use the Open Kinect Library and Processing 4.0.2 on a M1 Mac.
Has anyone run into the same problem and can guide me to a solution?

Hi @clauscarnival,

I didn’t find any issue related to the one you are having on the OpenKinect GitHub repository. You can create a new one here:

2 Likes

Hello Claus: I am having the exact same issue. As soon as I upgraded to Mac OS Ventura the Kinect is not recognized at all. I have not been able to find any solution. Let me know if you found one. I am thinking about switching back a couple of OS to see if it is a compatibility issue, but I have to do that on an old laptop.