[SOLVED] Processing messed up after using AS

OK … so I decided to try AS to see how it might be useful in addition to Processing and now I get this error when I attempt to build using Processing …

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':app'.
> No toolchains found in the NDK toolchains folder for ABI with prefix: mips64el-linux-android

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 1s
org.gradle.tooling.BuildException: Could not execute build using Gradle distribution 'https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-4.3-bin.zip'.
	at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.ExceptionTransformer.transform(ExceptionTransformer.java:51)
	at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.ExceptionTransformer.transform(ExceptionTransformer.java:29)
	at org.gradle.tooling.internal.consumer.ResultHandlerAdapter.onFailure(ResultHandlerAdapter.java:41)

etc … plus loads of other gradle errors listed ….

How can I get back to a working Processing … and ideally be able to switch seamlessly between Processing and AS?

Thanks
Mark

@shedMusic === what have you done exactly? {because what you describe is weird)

• Have you created a new project with AS then added P5 as a jar in your libs then…
  • Have you created the new project “from existing code” , pointing towards the sketch created before with P5?
  • Have you updated the SDK when launching AS?
  • What do you mean writing “when i go back to P5” - Is t when you try to create some new sketch with P5?
  • details about os, compiling version, platform tools and so on…

i use AS && P5 with the same SDK and can switch without any problem

@akenaton ….Thanks for replying …

I was using AS after exporting from JUCE (if you have ever used that …. C++ … for audio app and plugin development … I was experimenting with its Android option). nothing to do with P5.Had to have a few extras installed with sdk … NDK/CMake etc and I think it may have changed the Gradle version too … this seem the likely problem.

So … I am guessing I have to find out how to switch gradle version and platform tools etc back to the one Processing needs? Ideally to toggle the versions needed. Or …. I will install the sdk twice … one for Processing/AS and the other for JUCE/AS

Cheers
Mark

@shedMusic ===
ok, that was i guessed from the error code: it s a problem with the NDK (which normally is not used) that AS has changed… As for the solution (in this case) i think that it is better to create a new sdk for P5

@akenaton

Yes … my thoughts too … just reinstalled a new sdk … all working again now :slight_smile: