Server & Client

hi all

What is the best,fastes and safety library to use for communication between Server(PC) and Client’s(android) ?
I want to send/receive a text(~500 chars) and Images (0-1 Mbytes) .

thanx
basher

1 Like

Check this

https://shiffman.net/processing.org/udp/2010/11/13/streaming-video-with-udp-in-processing/

Download the link at the bottom of the page. Include these lines in both the sender and receiver:

import java.net.*;
import java.io.*;

For the receiver, you need to call cam.start() at the end of setup. Now, run the sender then the receiver and you should be able to see the video being streamed from sender to receiver. If you don’t get any video, verify your camera works running a stand alone sketch only for that purpose. You can find an example in the Capture folder in the provided examples.

After you get this example working, you can modified it to send single images and data packages. You can check the previous forum for Android UDP examples.

Additional references:

kinect depth data via UDP - Processing 2.x and 3.x Forum
java - UDP Sockets Processing - Stack Overflow

Kf

2 Likes

Hello all, i am using processing for android and for IOS, i want to creat a server project(Android) and a device project(IOS), and want to connect the IOS project to the Android project, is this doable? I know it works for Android/PC, so I assume this will work too. Thanks in advance, CodeX.

It is a bit odd to have Android to be a server. In the back of my mind, I think you will need the device running all the time. This is totally doable and I suggest you search in the open web for actual code to run your Android device as a server. Your iOS device could talk to it by using standard HTTP requests, for example.

Can you provide more details of what you would like to do?

By the way, this post has been dormant for a while. I suggest you create a new post and link this post there. We don’t want to bother the OP that started this thread.

Kf