Seeking Developers for Processing Project

Hello,

After years of in house development of “The Sandbox of Life” our team at Sensebellum would like to seek out help in the development of the code base for this interactive art installation.

In 2013 our team first created this work and since it has evolved into a stand alone art installation involving 3D cameras, projection mapping, and eco-system simulations.

However, there are some features that we would like to ship that are just outside of our grasp and therefore we ask for help!

Essentially the workflow is to input a greyscale depth map from an Intel RealSense of the sandy terrain and then transform that into a colored terrain map (ocean, sand, land). From there we want to have predator animals, prey animals, and floating food. These animals need to be in both the water and the land with the ability to die and reproduce. Think triangles, circles, squares, basic shapes, like in The Nature of Code (no photorealistic dolphins).

From there we would like to feature clouds, trees, and also some sort of GUI with buttons and sliders where users can adjust the speed, water height, and other measures.

This is our first ask for help so please excuse any missing details or call outs but that is the core of the idea.

Given our familiarity with Processing, and all the awesome libraries that it comes with, we would really like to build it in this IDE before making the jump to say Unreal engine. Besides, we like the low-poly look and hyper-realism is not necessary.

Our aim is to build this in chunks. I.e. start with the terrain. Then do clouds, then animals, then prey, then food, etc.

Is there anyone out there who would like to work on this?

If so please send an email to hello@sensebellum.com with a portfolio link and any work you think would be relevant.

Depending on the discussion we may opt for an hourly rate or a set stipend for each feature.

See attached for image examples.

Do you have any questions for our team?

Thank you so much Processing!

2 Likes

One image per post, here is another…

Sandbox 2022-05-09 at 18.54.54

And one more of the actual installation.

Hi,
If you are still on the lookout to hire someone, I would be glad to help you out as what you are wanting done is within my skillset
You can reach out to me on my email here
Colin