Proposal Review GSoC 2021 - Continued development of p5.js Showcase

Hello everyone! Here is my proposal for Continued development of p5.js Showcase. Please take a look and suggest changes.
proposal link

@micuat @lmccart @mcintyre @saberkhan @jeremydouglass @Jithin

1 Like

cool here’s my high level comment (by the way I’m still thinking if I apply as a mentor or a student so just note that my comment doesn’t represent anything…)

I think the details are clear but maybe defined too well that it would be even better to give some room for discussions and negotiations. Especially for accessibility, I feel mobile support is a bit weak and I would value more about accessibility/inclusion for participation rather than for viewing. Use of a form (I believe that’s how people submit) already limits the opportunity for those who actively looking for submitting works and writing about it - for PCD Japan we did an online gallery where people can participate just by posting sketches on twitter to introduce a different kind of dynamics to the submission model. This case we used Twitter but I’m also interested in how to do it beyond social media (I don’t have ideas yet).

2 Likes

Thanks @micuat ! I also think it is leaving too less room for discussion in the draft. But it is just a draft so I presented my ideas in detail, once the mentors and members of community review and suggest changes I will get more clear perspective on the implementation. I will keep updating keypoints from this discussion.
I am very happy you talked about accessibility for participation. Use of form limits the opportunity for those who actively looking for submitting works and writing about it. p5.js community also takes open submissions on twitter and instagram, but still it would be better if we can take it beyond social media.