Processing Community Day @ The Netherlands

Hi all, this is Sabrina co-founder of Creative Coding Amsterdam :wave:

Let’s start a dialogue for people interested in co-organizing or in other ways participating in creating a (or multiple) Processing Community Day(s) in the Netherlands!

4 Likes

Hi! Thanks Sabrina for starting this!

I will be helping Creative Coding Utrecht with organising Processing Community Day in Utrecht!
Happy to help Amsterdam as well :grinning: and any other city in the Netherlands!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Jakub and I live in Groningen. You can find me mostly on GitHub, squashing bugs and writing code for Processing core and editor.

Please let me know if there is something I can help with in Amsterdam or Utrecht!

3 Likes

Hi Jakub, nice to meet you & would love to meet you at one of the Processing Community Day events!

You are most definitely more than welcome to help :slight_smile: I think we’ve established we’ll have two Processing Community Day events up to now, one in Amsterdam and one in Utrecht. I think Utrecht set a date, could you confirm @Saskia? We still have to set a date for Amsterdam - probably a weekend day?

We have no concrete plans for Amsterdam yet, except Simon Tiger visiting :slight_smile: Maybe you too are interested to some insights in the stuff you’re doing (e.g. squashing Processing core bugs) at the event? All ideas are welcome.

Feel free to drop us an e-mail too at creativecodingamsterdam@gmail.com

3 Likes

Hi Jakub! Great if you can help out!

Utrecht date: Saturday 26 January
Place: SensorLab Utrecht

We could do 2 February in Amsterdam? If we find a place?

I am Doeke and live in Arnhem.
I would like to do a talk about a GUI library that I’m making. Saturday 26 January won’t be possible for me as it seems now. So maybe Amsterdam then.

Hi Doeke!

That sounds great, would February 2nd work?
Will keep this thread updated on the final decided date :+1:

As for now it seems that works!

Hi everyone!

I’m Jakob, live in Amsterdam and am ready to help any community day run as smooth and be as lovely as possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, it looks like I will have time both weekends, please keep me in the loop. I will be happy to see you all! :slight_smile:

I will give it some though and let you know if I have something interesting to share, @SabrinaVerhage.

Something changed and Saturday 26 January is possible now for me as well.

Hi all! Thanks for joining here!

It would be great if people could show some work, or tips, or tools, or whatever fun.

I was thinking myself as well to have some discussions, panels or presentations about a few topics like:

• The creative coding community in The Netherlands, how we could make this stronger, how to help each other. Local meetups.
  • Code & Education
  • Diversity in the Netherlands

Please let me know if someone have more thoughts about what they would like to see (and also beyond demo’s and presentations of work) :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I am Giovanni, I am based in Amsterdam and I work with visual and generative arts, and I do a massive use of Processing, also for live coding. I also would like to give my contribute either in Amsterdam or Utrecht, so if there is anything I can do, please let me know!

1 Like

Hi All, just a little update!
Website and open call will be online very soon!

Wanted to let you all know the dates:
Utrecht: Saturday 26 January
Amsterdam: Saturday 9 February

Do people already have some ideas for the events? A talk, workshop, or a discussion?

2 Likes

Hi All, the website is online: https://creativecoding.community
Please help us share the event! Invite your friends (also non-coding people!!)

Looking forward to see all your Open Call submissions!!! :wink:

Some images if you want to share on social media:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Luis Ferreira, and i live in Eindhoven for about 5 years. I am happy i saw this event through Facebook and immediately subscribed. I am a Software Developer, with 5 years experience working mostly on Robotics and Industrial projects, but over the last years i have tried to use my skills in a more creative and artistic environment. Processing is one of the technologies i have use in my projects, along with C++, C#, Java, Arduino, Leap Motion, LEDs and some electronics.

I have volunteered for the Utrecht gathering to demo a project i am rebuilding at the moment, the Light Canvas. A canvas where you can paint with Light! The Leap Motion is in charge of the hand or tool tracking, and this information is sent to a “Paint”-like program developed in Processing, which in turn sends the drawing to an Arduino controlling a LED matrix hidden behind the canvas. The video shows the first version of it, and i am now busy building the second and improved version.

I would love to help in this event, and while i have good programming skills and love a good technical or conceptual discussion, i cannot say i am a professional in the Processing environment or Generative Art, yet. But i am confortable discussing ways to improve software architectures, techniques and library creation and integration, that can help artistc recreate their vision in Processing sketches, without limitations. There’s only so much you can do in a single PDE file :slight_smile:

Volunteering in the organization of the event could also be possible but i have limited free time, so maybe i can ask @Saskia to propose something concrete where i can help.

I will leave here links to pages that i am starting to use as portfolio, but far from ready :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi Sabrina,

I am Jan and I live in Belgium, around Mechelen. I use Processing for a few years but I am new in the Forum.

I wonder whether there are more Processing Community Days in the Netherlands or in Belgium in the future.

I am also searching for people interested in Processing in Belgium and the Netherlands. Can you help me?

I have a homepage: janparedaens.be

Thanx for the cooperation.

1 Like

Hi Jan, nice to meet you :slight_smile:

I hope we’ll have more Processing Community Days in Amsterdam and Utrecht yes - but don’t have much information on that yet. I don’t know about one in Belgium either but there are definitely more people interested in Processing in Belgium! I know https://twitter.com/vormplus for instance and of course https://twitter.com/wblut.
The team behind https://nocomputer.be/ are also all creative coders - I don’t know if they’re interested in hosting a Processing Community Day but it might be worth to get in contact!

There is also a group Creative Coders Eindhoven -that’s a bit closer to you :slight_smile: on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/creativecoderseindhoven/

And then keep an eye on the usual suspects Creative Coding Amsterdam https://www.facebook.com/CreativeCodingAmsterdam/ & Creative Coding Utrecht https://www.facebook.com/CreativeCodingUtrecht/ for all the other events we organize

THanx Sabrina for the quick response.

Sabrina,
Saskia,

Any plans for hosting events in The Netherlands this year?
I’m a Dutchie but living in Antwerp at the moment.

Best,
Jeroen