Problems with Python mode in Processing 4.3 on M1 Mac running OSX 12.7.1

I am trying to use Python mode in Processing 4.3 on M1 Mac running OSX 12.7.1.
At a certain point in my program I am getting these two errors (below). Any suggestions welcome.

Errors:
Hmm. Can’t load native code to bring window to front using the absolute path: /Users/jrs/Documents/Processing/modes/PythonMode/mode/libjniosx.dylib.
Hmm. Can’t load native code to bring window to front.

1 Like

Try using Processing version 3.5.4.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that and unfortunately 3.5.4 does not work at all. The editor starts up, but when I click run (on a simple example like Mouse2D) nothing happens…no error message, no execution window, etc. Again this is an M1 Mac running MacOS Monterey 12.7.1…

1 Like

I just tried some Processing Python example code on a Mac M2 and had trouble also. The files in ‘Examples/Python Mode Differences’ would run but none of the others that I tested. If you know how to use pure Python the Thonny editor might be a better choice.

See other current thread: https://discourse.processing.org/t/is-a-fresh-install-of-processing-3-5-4-and-python-mode-possible-mac-os/44104/2

Addendum:
I tried writing a simple demo with my M2 using a fresh download of version 3.5.4 from the website Processing.org and it ran ok. The code that I tested follows:

def setup():
    size(400,400)

def draw():
    fill(255,0,0)
    circle(width/2,height/2,100)            

1 Like