Please Introduce Yourself

Hi all!
I’m Tyler, I’m somewhere between a data scientist and data artist from Montreal Canada.
I started using Processing to visualize data in my PhD (say around 2012), and have since then been using it almost daily as I’ve moved towards a career as a freelance data scientist and data artist.
Looking forward tog getting involved with Processing Community day for the first time.

2 Likes

Hello , my name is Daniel and i use processing for my electronics projects!

3 Likes

Hi,

I’m Harry and my education is in visual arts, the old fashioned kind. The only math I was ever good at was Bayesian statistics until I got to 3D modeling that involved linear algebra. If I knew then what I have learned using processing, my degree would say Bachelor of Science instead of Bachelor of Arts and I’d be building robots instead of mopping floors. C’est la vie…

4 Likes

hello i am an artist working with many companies and theaters in lyon in france. I 'm beginning to try code with processing and I use it with Isadora for video live show
and since I’ve formates my computer to high Sierra I can’t use processing.
Please someone can help me to fix this bug.

gerald

1 Like

Hi, my name is Martijn. I’m an information designer, making mostly websites, data visualizations and interactive installations. My work can be found on my website.

I recently started a self initiated project called IMPROVISUAL in which I visualize improvised music using Processing. I post sketches and videos a few times a week on Instagram: @impro_visual.

2 Likes

Hi, i’m Bryan Medina from México. i’m biomedical engineering student, i used to hate programming at the beginning of my career, but then discover the processing environment and the @shiffman tutorials, and now i’m really into it. i’ve learned a lot from the forum. What i liked the most is the kindness of this community, and how many people from different fields interact to create awesome projects. i’m still learning but i will contribute answering questions with the little that i know (which help me to learn more about coding, projects and learn english).

I want to create a kind of community in México to encourage people to coding, but i don’t know how to start, any ideas?

Thanks for this awesome community!

3 Likes

Did you heard about Processing Community day ?
https://day.processing.org/pcd-ww.html

3 Likes

Thanks! This looks really good. Probably I couldn’t make it in time this time. But I’ll apply for the next year.

1 Like

I am Montse. I am an artist and teacher at the official school of design Llotja in Barcelona. I have seen that with processing it is possible to make combinatorial art. I have a long career in digital vector illustration and lately I have done some combinatorial projects but without processing (with heuristic methods of trial error). I would offer to collaborate in projects through processing where an illustrator was needed or to carry material for several experiments.

Best Regards!

5 Likes

Assalam o Alaikum… I’m Mohammad Tariq from Pakistan. I’m a student of Software Engineering. Sir I’ve to control Elli with arrays. I tried a lot but could not succeed. Please help me to control elli with arrays.

1 Like

Hello, I am Marco Hokke from Amersfoort in The Netherlands. I’ve been using Processing since 2008 or so. I like generative arts, happy mistakes, and clean code. I like to make stuff from small 15-minute sketches that create simple geometric shapes, to entire ecospheres to watch how populations interact, thrive and dwindle.
I’m a professional .Net developer and I like mime.

3 Likes

Hi,
I’m an electronic technician living in France. I’m starting with Processing but I’ve been working with Java for years now.
I’m writing here as well to test if this account works. I had a question about raspberry pi + camera, and the post I’ve created was automatically blocked. Same with the posting ability of the previous account.

Anyway, thanks a lot Processing team for this nice framework.

3 Likes

My name is Ben, I’m a principal software engineer at Oracle specializing in applied deep learning/AI and distributed systems and I’ve been writing commercial code in Java, Go, Python and whatever else for several years. Completely new to Processing, started messing with it for some random interactive art side-project and it seems like the source code is in dire need of some TLC. I joined up here to poke around and see typical use-cases and pain points, and in time I’m hoping I can contribute to the source to make it more maintainable and easier to develop new components for.

3 Likes

You are awesome, love your videos.

1 Like

Hi,
My name is Shubham. I am a undergrad student, doing Bachelors in Computer Science and Technology, from somewhere in the foothills of the Himalayas, India. I’m relatively new to Processing. A month ago I stumbled here, and was profoundly impacted by the “Why” behind the organisation. Having little experience in programming(my university can’t exactly be called good), I embarked on this journey to teach myself, how to code better and get good enough to help this community through code. And well, here I am, not sure of my skill yet, but definitely excited to continue the journey.
Thank you for reading through this.
Shubham Tewari.

6 Likes

Hello, my name is Josh. I’ve been using programming languages and related technology since about 1997 when I was in 7th grade. In math class, we had Ti-82 graphing calculators. These devices allowed the user to write simple programs using a language similar to BASIC. I taught myself how to make cool-looking “screen-saver” type programs at first. In less than a year I was making simple video games for my friends and me to play, such as: a mario-esque platformer and a game with a top-down view similar to the original NES Zelda game.

In high school, I started learning what was then called Macromedia Flash in school and at home independently on my computer. I eventually was able to land a few jobs a result of those skills at that time. I also was having a lot of fun using Actionscript to make various visualizations, spectrum analyzers, particle effects, game prototypes and experimental graphics engines (mode 7, ray casting & even 3D).

Unfortunately, Flash is pretty much dead now, at least as a viable way for me to display my work on my website.

As a result, I’ve been looking into things like Processing, p5.js and WebGL to recreate some of my old work as well as to make new things as well.

It’s barely anything right now, but I have started posting some preliminary projects on my new website (there are more links on the home page, under the Visualizations section):

It may just be because I’m so much more familiar with it, but I like Actionscript 3 a lot more than Processing at this point. Hopefully with some help from the forums and more practice, that could change.

3 Likes

Hi lee.

I like what you’re saying here. I myself am a graphic design student, and want to start a project which tests the boundaries of AI design. Any chance you would be interested in helping? If so I can tell you more!

THANKS!

1 Like

New to the community. Please accept me all guys. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello, I am shangyun, the beginner of the Processing & P5.js. :smiley:
I have been coding in processing for 3 months. I would like to enhance the coding skills to make the imagination in my mind come true. :exploding_head:
I would like to create some works which combine the sound & visual together into an interactive work. That’s the reasons for me to join the forum! :woman_technologist:

2 Likes

Hi,I’m negi.I currently attend a computer vocational school in Japan.
I am planning to be involved in the development of advertising system or web service in the near future.
I often develop libraries and games used for Unity in unity.Among them, I am interested in drawing technology such as shader, so I entered the this community.
I am interested in the development of the library, so let me see you at github if I have a chance.