Please Introduce Yourself

Hello, my name is Angelo. I work about Wind Energy and Fotovoltaic Energy. I like to write software tools.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Arduino + Raspberry Pi - install IDE

Started as a course III, but was always ā€œsneeking off and programmingā€ when my job allowed self directed workscope.

Wrote a 3D fly-thru openGL C++ app for all 100K wires in an IBM mainframe.

Wanted to do web stuff so wrote http://www.webgltutorials.appspot.com/WebGLTutorial06 in java and javascript with full homebrew GL_Shaders.

Spent 5 years as a big data consultant, Hadoop with hard core MapReduce in java, Hive, switched to scala for 3 years of Spark ETL. Wrote two frameworks: 1) The ā€œKnowledgent Ingestion Frameworkā€ using scoop to pull legacy RDBMS to Hive, and 2) a swarm: Scala spawned external Spark processes parallelizing DAG threads. See hadoop-less spark on AWS EC2ā€™s with S3 as the way to go for heavy duty processing.

Think processing hits the sweet spot on
GUI,
adaptability,
community,
platform access,
extend-ability.

Intend to use it as my base of operations (for instanceā€¦ no need for swing)

3 Likes

Hello iā€™m Mattia and iā€™m a student. Iā€™m 17 years old and i love computer science. I selected Processing because iā€™m passionate about simulation of A.I. and physics and i think Processing can do great things with this subject. I love your programming language!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone , my name is Yashraj Dhanuka, i am a third year undergraduate student in Computer Science Engineering. I want to contribute to the community. My goal is GSOC 2019. My current knowledge domain is Python, Machine learning, Deep Learning, C ,C++.
Please tell me how to proceed and start contributing as soon as possible.
Thankyou.

2 Likes

Hi all, my name is Jakub Valtar. Iā€™m a software developer and an artist. I studied computer graphics and, after Processing lured me down the path of digital art, I continued to study art & technology master program, from which I graduated this year.

I started contributing to Processing in 2014 and over the years I submitted lots of pull requests, mostly improving rendering quality and performance, but also fixes and enhancements to the preprocessor, error checker and editor.

I will be around helping with difficult code problems.

5 Likes

Hi. Iā€™m Owen Densmore and and first started using Processing 15 or so years ago, using it for simulations for SimTable/Redfish, a small modeling company here in Santa Fe NM.

Iā€™m currently working on AgentScript, a subset of NetLogo (agent based modeling) in JavaScript. It is written in two halfs, a core Model and a View/App used to make the Model visible. Currently weā€™re using Three.js for the view/app: http://backspaces.github.io/as-app3d/models/?water although weā€™ve also integrated models into an Observable View.

My interest in Processing is potential use of P5js for Views/Apps (views are less tightly integrated into the core than apps). Iā€™m looking at two uses: as a core webgl library, and as a more integrated tool/app for p5js modelers.

Iā€™d love to talk to any of us using Processing for agent based modeling!

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m KornĆ©l from Hungary, currently doing on my third year of an undergraduate Interactive Design course in the UK. I use processing for uni projects mostly, and just trying out new stuff here and there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, my name is Resat BOZKIR from Istanbul/Turkey. I am teaching CS at middle school and high school level. First time we will be trying processing at high school.

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m Raymond G McCord. Iā€™m an artist, interactive developer, and educator. I develop virtual reality training software and augmented reality marketing applications at Self Interactive and I am also an instructor at Missouri State University in the media, journalism, and film department as well as the art & design department teaching Interactive Art & Media.

I learned to code using Processing when I was an undergrad, and now enjoy passing that knowledge on to new heads teaching with p5.js.

Some of my work is documented here.

2 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m here to make a holographic backing band for myself.

1 Like

Hello there ! Iā€™m Basile, a French C.S. student. I love having fun with Processing and p5.js, and I see these languages as well as creative coding as excellent tools to introduce beginners to programming !

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

I am Giovanni, a visual artist based in Amsterdam! I started using Processing in 2009, when I started New Media Arts University. I use it for live visual performances and generative arts, as well as for interactive installations. I work in a lab, in which we work in the intersection between art, science and technology.

I used to teach it (together with p5.js) in workshops in the Academy of Fine Arts (in Italy), focusing more on the process then the technicalities, but then I stopped. I hope to recover my wishing to share my knowledge, and to grow and help the community here!

You can find my works here (the website will be updated soon!)!

2 Likes

William,
Iā€™ve used three.js. Also Mathematica. Iā€™m at present interested in 3D graphics ,generative music and VR.

2 Likes

Hey Guys,

my Name is RaGon and I am a Math and Computer Science student curious for the backbone of this incredebly beautiful and simple language.

Greetings and many Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Diomidis Spinellis. Iā€™m a Professor of Software Engineering at AUEB. Iā€™ve been using Processing since 2008, for creating interactive applications and for scientific visualizations. You can find more about me through my web page.

4 Likes

Several years ago, we adopted Processing for our ā€œIntroduction to Programmingā€ courses at the college (replacing VB and providing a much better path to our follow-on courses, which are based on Java).

So far, it has been very successful (despite having a silly gerund for its name), and i look forward to further improvements (such as allowing input strings from stdin!).

Bruce Alan Martin
EMAIL: bam@professorbam.com
WEBSITES: professorbam.com/ # See my profiles
suffolk.li/ # See my ā€œshowcaseā€ of sketches and the student folders.

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Sarah. I meant to write this a while ago, but never actually got to it. :expressionless:

I started learning Processing around 2015 when I wandered upon the website, and learnt a lot from The Coding Train. Iā€™m currently learning node.js and javascript right now.

I love using Processing and p5.js as a hobby to make art or games. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Jim. I use Processing for school and for fun as well :relaxed:

I donā€™t have much to say about myself except that Iā€™m amazed by how helpful everyone has been and I think that itā€™s a wonderful community to be in. :+1:

Thanks everyone and look forward to the futureā€¦ :mage:

3 Likes

Hello,

I am Lumppa from Finland. I am a hobbyist coder. It has been years since I wrote any code. The Processing.org has made me wanna code again! Joined the forum to find out more.

-l

3 Likes