Please Introduce Yourself

Hi I am Paul, I am new to programming, having started with khan academy. I’m currently still learning, my favourite library currently is p5.js, but I wish to learn processing as it means I can start making project which work outside of the browser. I like engineering, specifically machining, and currently make my own cnc machines which I wish to learn to program, and am currently researching cellular automata, deep learning, image transformations, but also artificial intelligence.

4 Likes

Hello, my name is Andrew. I try to do a lot with networking, but I have no clue what I’m doing, so I ask a fair amount of questions here. I have been around for a while, but just got around to doing this.

2 Likes

Hello Everyone!

This is Oskar Garcia. I’m a CS major at Columbia University in NYC. I’m a geek for anything that mixes computation, design, mathematics, and typography. Feel free to reach out if you have any ideas. Cheers.

BTW: Tambien hablo español!

6 Likes

Hi everyone!

This is Alexandra, an undergrad studying CS & Math at Barnard College | Columbia University. I’m currently learning Java and JavaScript, and passionate about finding a way to make math learning more interesting and interactive with the help of programming.

9 Likes

Greets From London England! :uk: My name is Charlie, and I’ve been making pictures with computers ever since 19zx80.

By day I work for Sony Playstation, developing games for PSVR - but by night I tinker with Robots, Arduinos, Processing, VR and Whiskey - just making cool stuff that I find fun…

Currently making a little maze game, - Originally inspired by some of the awesome videos of @shiffman

I’m here to learn…
…aaand hopefully to give back a bit once I’ve learned something useful :+1:

8 Likes

Hello from Egypt! Im Nour, and am a visual arts student, graduating in 2 months… I’m mainly here because I feel like using tech is the future for arts, and mainly to help with my senior thesis project, for which I am exploring new mediums.

7 Likes

Hello eveyone, Im Marcos Gimenez, Im from Montevideo, Uruguay.
I think I started using Processing around 2011 and it was my fist encounter with programming. From then I teached myself as a programer and a digital artist. In 2015 I start working on the Faculty of Fine Arts in the Electronic and Digital Arts degree as a assitant professor. Right now I teach a course of creative programming and interaction using Processing and p5.js

My main objective in this forum is help other and give back something to this amazing community that teach me so much.

:raising_hand_man:

5 Likes

Hello,
I’m Nicolas from France. I’m teacher for deaf children.
Why Processing an P5js ? Because it make the code easy and fun to made.
I use Processing/P5js for gamemaking (for fun), for interactiv scientific animation (for my personnal and insatiable curiosity) and aim to use it for work (app, animation and little eductional game for my schoolgirls/schoolboys) and artistic purpose.

9 Likes

Hi, I’m Ariel from Brazil. I’m a masters student in physics.
I study statistical mechanics and computational physics and just discovered P5.js. I use it mainly for fun, but also for my research (pretty and precise images make science much more interesting and fun) and for educational purposes (for both physics and programing). I’m a programing enthusiast and I’m thinking about starting a career out of it.

P5.js seems to very interesting and the community looks to be really nice :smiley:

8 Likes

Hello everyone,
I’m Tianshuai, an undergraduate from Harbin Institue of Technology, China. I applied to take part in the GSoC 2019 and hoped to make some contributions. It’s so amazing to meet you guys.

4 Likes

Hello, I am a middle school computing and technology teacher in Hong Kong running a makerspace of sorts called the IDEA Studio. We use Processing to help further students understanding of computing and grow their skills and creativity through programming. Processing is relatively new to us, but we have built a foundation of programming through Logo-based drag & drop environments like Turtle Art & Scratch. I am interested in generative art that can be created through Processing.

8 Likes

Hey there @tinkerwise I am Saber Khan, the Education Community Director for Processing Foundation. Let me know if I can help any education related questions. You can also email me at saber@processing.org.

3 Likes

Hello,

I’m Moh. I’m a molecular biologist / researcher by training, but have now moved into education. Hoping to use Processing to develop some interactive training aids. I have some background in coding (I know a bit of Python & Java). So am looking forward to learning how to programming better as I try & develop solutions in processing :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for creating this tool, and this space :slight_smile:

7 Likes

hi im william aka freakylamps from Atlanta, GA, in the USA
i am using processing for a interactive stage lighting design right now, where audio signals are processed and used to create visualization that are mapped upon the band members clothing equipped with digital addressable led strips!!!

6 Likes

Hi my name is Jacopo, I’m a digital artist and an early adopter of processing.
After finally switching to P5js I just taught a class based on it.
Looking forward to help others and be a naggy feature requester and bug pointer-outer.

Best,
Jacopo

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Kazik and I am quite experienced in translating ideas into code. Recently I have more time to work on my own ideas and they are mostly visual. Processing is a great platform to express some of them. I am focused on fragment shaders, pixel feedback loops, particle systems, interaction with kinect.

web twitter insta shadertoy github

1 Like

Hi , I am youyou. I am a designer and architect. I have been working on many interdisplinary projects, such as building machines etcs. I am fairly new in coding and processing. Trying to learn coding to work on new projects.
My work: www.ueodesign.com

5 Likes

Hello, I’m CoPiQuMi
I’m a student in graphic design school in Amiens (France) and I’ve been using processing for 1 year now. I often use with Processing for my projects, and I would like to improve myself in coding, by helping people or being helped :slight_smile:
I enjoy helping student in my school, so i hope i can be that effective here.

2 Likes

Hi, I am Marco. I will put a photo soon. My background is in software engineering, where I mostly worked developing multi-threaded messaging frameworks to aid the trading of financial instruments and their settlement. I love programming but away from all of that. For the last 2 years I have changed professions and have gone to work in the environment, in conservation of native forests and their ecosistems, which is where I hope I can use my background to apply it to the many challenges which exist in this field. I hope I can learn much from you. Saludos!!

5 Likes

I’m Kenneth Udut. I’ve toyed with Processing on and off since 2.x and used it to illustrate a few thing I was curious about, like bounding boxes and understanding vector math.

I enjoy surveying various programming languages but I keep coming back to Processing about every six months. I don’t want to love how it gets so much right but it does.

2 Likes