Please Introduce Yourself

Hi, all!

My name is Alvaro Luken Luna. I am from Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico.

I am a junior at New York University studying software engineering and history.

As part of GSoC '19, I would really love to start contributing to the Processing Foundation and would really love to get my hands dirty with any Spanish-English translation work!

Fun fact: I have lived all my life on the border region and I can say first-hand: there is no crisis at the border!! :slight_smile:

Very much looking forward to learn and work with all the members of the Processing community! :sunny:

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I am Bhaskar Singh a computer science and engineering student from The National Institute of Engineering, Mysore. I am currently in my 3rd year of undergraduate program.

I love web development and deep learning and my favorite programming language is JavaScript. I like to play sports and create tools for my friends. I have been using p5js for a year now and want to give back to the community and be a part of it through GSOC 2019. Looking forward to contributing this summer season.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,
I start learning processing for fun. I am a book editor, graphic designer and musician. The website of my publishing house: https://lechantdesmuses.fr

1 Like

Hi everyone!

My name is Ashneel Das and Iā€™m a computer science/applied math student at Cornell University. Iā€™m a passionate developer who loves to code in Python and Java, as well as doing backend development with modern JavaScript tools. I have used Processing for projects in the visualization of physics and math concepts, and I would love to contribute to developing libraries and tools to help with visualization of concepts by being a part of GSoC 2019. If anyone would be interested in working on something like this, I would love to talk more! Iā€™m looking forward to contributing to the Processing community this summer.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!

Iā€™m Sumukha and Iā€™m an undergraduate computer science student. Iā€™ve recently begun exploring processing for fun. Looking forward to contributing in any way I can.

1 Like

Hello, I go by F53.
I started learning java in my freshmen year of highschool and have continued that education till now in my sophomore year. I started using processing around a week ago and have been having a blast finally using java for projects I can SEE because I have just been doing stuff with text in my class. I hope to be able to make fun games, short projects, and helpful tools for myself and others.

1 Like

Hi Colin,

Nice to see a fellow Austinite here. Iā€™m the founder and host of the Processing-Austin meetup, and Iā€™d encourage you (and your students!) to come by and jointly expand our community.

Best Wishes,

Ross

1 Like

Hey Ross,
I will pass things along as you set things up!

Hi everyone! I am Keshav gupta 2nd year student of computer science and engineering from
Shri Mata Vaishno devi University katra Jammu &kashmir India. Iā€™m interested in contributing in p5.js and Iā€™m also want to participate in GSoC 2019.

1 Like

Hi there,
Iā€™m Davide Pepe, I have a degree in Computer Science and
Iā€™m a video artist. I would like to bring Processing into my works.
Iā€™ve just started to learn it so Iā€™m sure I will bother you very soon with all my questions!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m Kenny, I am an undergraduate engineering student at URI. I started using processing about two months ago for research and numeration in Computational fluid dynamics in Lily-Pad. I donā€™t have much programming experience outside of some basic courses so I will have lots of questions in the future

1 Like

Hi there,

I am Guillaume from Strasbourg, France. I am a PhD student in digital arts, with a focus on programming. I am mainly interested in abstract visual arts, from the first computer artists to the present days.
I also aim to be an artist programmer, which is at the moment mostly a work in progress : learning, experimentingā€¦ So no website so far, but it will come.
I started working with Processing in 2016, but I also have projects with Touch Designer, a VPL using Python.

2 Likes

Hello Processing community,

My name is Emil. I am a student of web development at Blekinge Institute of Technology in Sweden, currently in my third year and working on my Bachelorā€™s thesis. I have no background in creative coding and discovered this concept as recently as two months ago, trying to figure out what to write my thesis about. I fell in love with creative coding instantly. I have a previous background in theatre and have been missing more creative outputs for programming, and so this is the kind of coding Iā€™ve been longing to do.

So in short Iā€™m here because I recently discovered creative coding and now Iā€™m writing a thesis about it, so I hope to stay here for a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there

My name is Philipp Lehmann. I am a UX / UI Designer based in Zurich. In 2018 I founded Redefine together with a friend of mine. We are a small but effective design agency.

As side projects I dive into the possibilities of generative art. With Processing, P5JS or (quite retro) Quartz Composer I find a straightforward approach to motion and form.

As a hobby I try to recreate some album cover art with code. Some examples:

ā€¦
You get the idea :slight_smile:

Cheers Philipp

7 Likes

Hi, my name is Diana, iā€™m a computer science grad student looking for info about how to contribute this summer to the p5.js project. Iā€™m new to most of this, but excited to learn more about everyoneā€™s contributions :slight_smile:

I have done some front end work here at my codepen link
and some graphic design stuff at behance link

2 Likes

Hi there, Iā€™m f41ardu aka Tom from Germany. I have a PHD in Physics and work in IT as consultant for about 23 years in several companies. Iā€™m with Processing since mid of 2007, Arduino guide me straight forward to Processing. In my rare spare time I organise a Computer Club at a local High School (Gymnasium). Still looking forward for volunteers to advertise Processing in that school. Processing, regreet to say, is not so popular in Germany. I personaly use Processing for prototyping ideas in the area Iā€™m working on. My latest personal project is to implement the SDK for DYI little Dello quadcopter in Processing. Maybe later the low level protocol. As Iā€™m a project manager rather than a devloper it sometimes take me a little bit longer and I bother you with questions ;->
Happy Processing
Tom

And you folks in the US have MIT and ā€œThe life long Kindergartenā€ we neither nor in Germany ;->

3 Likes

Hi Diana
I hope youā€™re okay. Iā€™m new to this too, just like you. I also want information on how to apply this summer. I will apply for the ( Processing. + Development Environment: Beginner/New User Experience Features )project. Please if you know something he told me because I am very interested but I do not understand well what is required .

1 Like

Myself Ankur Ingale. I am an undergraduate student in Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati. I started using processing in 2017 and am using it since then. I even applied for Processing Foundation but got rejected as I made my proposal very hastily. Now I am aiming for GSOC this year and hope to get selected. And this new forum is damnnn good.

1 Like

Hi,

Iā€™m a disabled engineer in the USA, specifically the great state of Texas after an education and career in another great state called North Carolina plus a youth in sunny Florida near Miami.

Processing is enjoyable for me due to the c/c++ style, the interactive graphics capability, and best of all the cross-platform nature. There are other features like the documentation, libraries and this thriving community in which I really should participate more (well, here I am).

In my life Iā€™ve learned about two dozen programming languages and Iā€™ve got to say that If I had to choose only one it would be Processing.

Les

4 Likes

Peace be upon you, my name is Fatima Alzahraa from Egypt and I am a student at Al-Azhar University and I am studying systems and computer engineering

I am hoping to join GSoC this year; I get interested of processing and what it can do and the many application of it.

I am wondering, how can I contribute in your organization

What should I do first?

Thank you

5 Likes