PCD @ Worldwide

Wonderful! Thank you Naoto. I will share this on PF’s twitter to ask for help from the community.

1 Like

Greetings all, I am organizing a Processing Day at Kutztown University in eastern Pennsylvania, USA where I teach interactive design. Good luck to all!

1 Like

Hi folks, My name is Lee. I’m working to organize Processing Community Day NYC with a big group of folks. We are organizing on a Slack channel, through Google Docs, and you’re welcome to see our first meeting notes. We are hosting our second meeting in about a week. One idea we are exploring is to have our PCD day be more participatory (workshops, jams, 'thons, performances, exhibit) and less presentation-y.
If anyone is interested in participating in NYC, we started a channel here, though we have been moving to our own Slack.
Cheers,
Lee

1 Like

Hi, All! I’m Steve Graham, leader of the Computer Game Design program in Madison, SD. I’ll be working to host some activities here. Looking forward to getting great ideas from all of you.
cheers,
skg

1 Like

Greetings,

I’m Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer, PCD organiser for Mauritius. I have not yet worked out everything as just got wind of the event. Looking forward for the day ^^_

1 Like

Hi.
I’d like to organize a PCD in Detroit, MI. I talked to my friends at Omnicorp Detroit hackspace, and they are on board. I haven’t had a chance to go through this whole thread, but will soon and will pick the dates.

Edit: Started a thread PCD @ Detroit for the details.

A bit about me: I’ve been using Processing for many years now, and it was my introduction to Java in general. I still use it as my go-to tool for prototyping and general graphics stuff (live visuals, installations, interfaces…) I’m also a member of the above mentioned Omnicorp Detroit hackspace, where I would like to organize the PCD Detroit.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Guillaume Pelletier-Auger and I will be organizing the PCD in Montréal, Canada. I’m an animation filmmaker and artist. I’ve been using p5.js in my work for about three years now. I’m very enthusiastic about organizing the event in my hometown.

Thank you for the Organizer’s kit, it’s really helpful! I have one problem with it, though: the link to the Promo Package doesn’t work for me. It’s blue and underlined but I can’t click it. Is it just me? I tried googling to find the package by myself but couldn’t find it.

2 Likes

I would like to get the source of the PCD @ worldwide’s logo which is designed by Yuehao Jiang, as the link printed on the toolkit is not clickable. PCD @ Aarhus would like to modify it to customize our location.

Thanks.

Winnie / PCD @ Aarhus, Denmark

1 Like

Hello folks, I’m going to do a PCD @ Minneapolis, MN at MCAD. seeking feedback and input! Will be branching out more once I get intouch with the main Processing organizer folks!

1 Like

Is there a calendar and map showing all the PCDs happening in the near future?

Kf

1 Like

Hi Winnie, sorry about the confusion! We are working on updating the kit asap. Here’s the promo package folder. We’d love to get a copy of your modified image if possible. Thanks!

Hi Kf! We have the map here. I believe most nodes are still working on finalizing their dates.

1 Like

Hi Guillaume, I’m so glad to hear that it’s helpful. And sorry about the confusion -here’s the promo package folder.

1 Like

Hello! My name is June-Hao Hou, Associate Professor in Digital Media and Production Environment, currently teaching in National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan. I would like to organize PCD @ NCTU mainly for the university community and also for enthusiasts in Hsinchu area.

NCTU has recently renovated a building and turned it into a university-wide co-working space and it’s a fantastic place to host PCD event with the creative communities in the campus.

Hope to see more PCD events around in Taiwan!

2 Likes

Hi folks, I’m Dethe and I work at Richmond Public Library in Richmond, BC, Canada. We use P5 a lot for our code clubs (kids’ code club, teen code club, and adult code club) and are working to use it in our wall displays and other digital literacy classes. We’re looking forward to hosting a PCD in the library.

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Andrew Bernstein and I am a musician and artist in Baltimore where I teach in the MA in Digital Arts and MFA in Art & Technology at Goucher College. I’ve used Processing and p5.js a lot in my work, and I teach it to my students at Goucher. Goucher is where I will be hosting our PCD event, in collaboration with faculty from the department of Mathematics and Computer Science.

We are still in the early stages of planning, but I’d like to host a beginner-friendly workshop with p5.js, and try to attract other artists, designers, and creative technologists in the Baltimore area to give short talks about their work. I’m most interested in bringing the creative coding community of Baltimore together.

I’m surprised that there are no other events in Baltimore or Washington D.C. If anyone knows people in the area that would be interested in collaborating on this event, please send them my way!

Andrew

1 Like

Hi Andrew, someone in Washington DC just registered - see map :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi !

I’m Anas from Tunis, and we plan to organize a PCD with the FanTeK team http://www.fantek.tn. It will be mostly an event to give beginner Workshops, to make Processing better known in Tunisia and to gather its community.

Best

1 Like

Looking for a gallery of cool Processing and p5.js examples to showcase Processing and Creative Coding

I made a post here, if you have some idea please share

^^

1 Like

Hi everyone! I am new here. I have an experience in Android and now I want to contribute in “Processing for Android”. Can anyone help me telling how to start contributing?

1 Like