Link to Samsung Tab A

I’m hooked up via USB to the Tab A. The Tab’s settings show the developer options are on and the debugging mode is “on” (debugging mode launches when USB is connected). The Tab USB configuration is MTP. I get all the normal USB beeps when plugging into the PC and I get a small window that says “configuring device” then another window that says something like “MTP communication do-dah”. But I don’t see anything in the file explorer page and Processing says it can’t find a device.

The Processing PDE is in Android mode. Am I missing a step?

Changed the USB cable and I have a good connection. This is odd, because the first cable has worked fine when programming Arduinos.

1 Like

Darn, not quite solved. I now see the Tab A in file explorer and can browse folders there, but Processing can’t find it. I’ve checked and debug is enabled? Any hints on how to force this?

Well, it seems that the debug mode doesn’t stay alive in the Tab A. I don’t know what kills it, but unplugging the USB and reconnecting brings it back to life and Processing finds the device and starts building the Android project. The build process has been going on for over 10 minutes. What the heck? These are the last tasks shown and it’s still working…is it dead?

Task :app:transformDexArchiveWithExternalLibsDexMergerForDebug
Task :app:transformDexArchiveWithDexMergerForDebug
Task :app:mergeDebugJniLibFolders
Task :app:transformNativeLibsWithMergeJniLibsForDebug

Sometimes the USB connections on the backside of the PC work better.