How do I use VSCode with processing on Linux/Ubuntu?

I have the processing extension installed in VSCode, but no matter what I do, I get the same error when I try to configure the tasks.json file to run the processing sketch: remember to add processing to your path. I did export PATH="~/Desktop/processing4.0a1/processing-java:PATH" and it didnt work, I made a symlink to /usr/bin/ and it didn’t work. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Did you check the instructions on the GitHub project page on how to add Processing to your path?

It seems that the correct command is :

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/processing/processing-2.0b4

I did that but it still didn’t work, gave me the same error

Thanks!

I see you are using Processing ALPHA 4.0a1 I can’t even run this version on the standard IDE on my Linux box, maybe you could try 3.5.4 first?

Aight, I’ll try that

Speaking of versions, the processing file that the github page mentions has a version in the name but mine doesn’t. Is this the same file?

1 Like

Sorry I’m not used to downloading releases from Processing GitHub repos :frowning:
The stable ones are posted here: https://processing.org/download/ :slight_smile:

No, I mean that the GitHub readme for the Processing extension said that the processing file had a version on it, I don’t have one. However, I got it working by specifying the path to processing.

1 Like

Correction: My processing file doesn’t have a version

1 Like