GSoC 2023: Making multiple proposals within Processing?

Hi hi!

I am new to open source and still learning my way around software development but very interested in giving GSoC a shot this application term. I took a long browse through the provided open project lists and found a couple I was interested in writing a project proposal for.

My question is if we are allowed to apply for more than one? I know in GSoC contributors have a limit of up to 3 project proposal submissions - but wondering if this means each one must be affiliated with a different organization (meaning I can’t shoot my shot three times just with Processing projects).

I hope my question makes sense and can help others in the same boat! Thanks for your time. :slight_smile:

Joo

3 Likes

Hi @joo-jpg! Yes, it is ok to submit multiple project proposals to Processing Foundation—I did this when I applied a few years ago. I do recommend this, if you have time and there isn’t another organization you want to apply to. Sometimes, we get lots of proposals on a single topic, but very few (if any) on others so it can be good to give the reviewers more options. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know! Will try that out! :))

Joo

1 Like