Getting started with contributions for p5.js

Hello,
I am Ritesh Patil and I am an undergrad student currently studying in first year in National Institute of Technology, Rourkela. I am fascinated with web development and making Web apps which is why for the past 7-8 months i have been learning and getting to know the different technologies in web development.

Currently i am following the MERN Stack. I have knowledge about the frontend development and also some of the basic frameworks. I have started developing for backend as well with node.js . I also am familiar with frameworks like express.js and tools such as NPM etc.

I was glancing through the p5.js repository on github and was wishing to contribute or help with some of the issues. What exactly is the process for contributing? Are there any guidelines or any specific method that i should know/follow. It would be helpful if someone would help me around with that. Thank you for your help.

2 Likes

Hi @riteshsp2000 – welcome, and thanks so much for your interest. This forum is for the Processing / p5.js community, but it is primarily used for learners and to talk about coding – not language development (at least, it isn’t the central place for p5.js language development, very little of that conversation happens here). For p5.js, check out:

https://p5js.org/community/

I believe that the primary place to get involved as a new p5.js developer is directly through GitHub, introducing yourself or asking questions on open issues where you might like to contribute:

Oh yes @jeremydouglass , i went through the repositories on the processing github site. I am looking to solve some issues, I hope that I would be able to contribute to it. Basically I am also trying for GSOC this year which is why I asked my doubt over here. Thank you for your help.

1 Like