Help with my first contribution

I came across the p5.js library 3 weeks ago and I have been hooked since then. I learned the basics of p5.js from The Coding Train on YouTube. Now I want to do a little more complex/open-source projects to enhance my knowledge in the field of generative art. I’d like to contribute to this p5.js project. I’d request the people of this community to assign me some beginner-friendly/basics bugs which can help me understand this project better.
Any response would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Edit 1: 11 December 2019, 3:54 pm: I tried looking for bugs in the Github repositories mentioned in this answer, but I couldn’t find any beginner-friendly bugs. Can anyone please help me find the bugs which are for absolute beginners or guide me regarding what more to learn so that I can become able enough to make contributions to the community.
Thank You.

2 Likes

See here please

4 Likes

A common label on github for that (although every project is different) is “good first issue”.

There might also be some “good first issue” issues on the p5js web editor – or on other p5.js contributed libraries. Here are some searches to browse:

1 Like

Thank a lot @jeremydouglass

1 Like

also this
https://github.com/processing/processing/wiki/Project-List ,

shows we might not run out of work soon.

2 Likes

@kll thanks a lot :smiley:

1 Like