Editor.p5js.org server not available

Hi everyone,

Sorry if I’m repeating another recent published topic (that I’ve not found yet) but the online p5js editor (editor.p5js.org) is no more online. It’s actually what Cloudflare says. It seems the problem has been occuring since last week-end as one of my student has reported. Yesterday (Monday 22nd April) I’ve used editor.p5js.org. In the morning (Paris time) everything was ok, but in the afternoon, the server was occasionally no more available. And at the moment I’m writing this post, the server appears again to be offline.

Any news about this? Will this problem be solved soon?

Thanks a lot for light!

Laurent

1 Like

We have this issue too with intermittent access.

We can wait 5-10 min and sometimes we can access the server after that.

1 Like

same here and with my students :slight_smile:

@ProcessingOrg should notify the community whenever the servers are going to be down or in maintenance.

1 Like

Very much, the notice would help with planning classes.

We’re aware of the issues with the p5.js Web Editor. The p5 editor Lead Dev mentioned that the editor experienced some crashes at the start of the week. Although the exact cause isn’t clear yet, they have implemented some patches that should mitigate the problem. They will continue to monitor and address this throughout the week. Please share any specific issues you or your students encounter as that will help diagnose the issue. Thank you for your patience and for bringing this to our attention.

Still not working.Thanks a lot to people working on this issue :smiley:

The p5.js editor has been experiencing intermittent outages since earlier this week. We’re currently investigating this issue and will provide updates as progress towards a resolution is being made. Incident reports for the editor can now be tracked on the new status page for Processing Foundation software . You can also refer to this Github issue for more details on our efforts towards a fix.

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this issue! We’ll be closing this as the following thread covers the same topic in more details. You can find and join the ongoing conversation here: