Converting from p5.js to Processing 3.5.4

I found some inspiration for a project (see Piano Synthesizer - OpenProcessing) but unfortunately it’s in p5.js. Does anyone know how convert the syntax to Processing 3.5.4? I have read the Github guide on transitions and differences between both, however it’s been a bit too difficult for me to understand.

Please help me if you can convert it!! I’ll even pay aha

Hi @laurentangy,

Welcome to the forum! :wink:

Note that this forum is not the appropriate place where people are going to do paid work. (read the faq about homework for more info :wink: )

First thing you need to know is that p5js uses JavaScript whereas Processing uses Java as their main programming language.

So converting from one to another is a matter of adapting the syntax (they are close to each other) and potential libraries or features. (for example p5js allows you to use web apis and in Java you have access to the operating system…)

If it’s too difficult for now, try to read the Processing tutorials and both references to convert the code yourself.

Also a good thing to do would be to familiarize yourself with Java and JavaScript so you can switch from one to another easily and it will increase your knowledge of programming in general.

Also note that there isn’t a magic solution to convert p5js code to Processing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: