Algorithmic and AI Editorial Design

Hey Guys!
I am new to Processing, let alone coding in general. But I have had an idea.

I am interested in AI design, and the capability it might hold in the future. As of yet the design is very grid like and structured. I want to test the limits of AI design and content aware design, and produce a printed editorial piece of design where the content influences the design output.

To simplify / For example:
I want to create a system that takes the weather report every day from the BBC News website, and re-designs the content based on the precipitation levels, wind speeds, temperature etc…
I want to the print this design every day to create a physical database of different weather conditions. There should be a clear visual difference between the layouts created.

This is for a university brief so I am working against time restraints, and although I have tried to learn how to do this myself, I am struggling to get beyond generating rectangles that act as a grid.

Is there anyone out there who can help me? Where do I start… can anyone guide me to pages that I need to start tying together? ANYONE who helps will be acknowledged for any work throughout. I am by no means looking to steal the glory - I just want to start exploring this area, and would appreciate any help from your collective minds.

Thank you all for your time… and patience!

To give us a better idea of what you’re describing, could you link similar projects or visuals?

Hey Tony,

thanks for showing some interest!

Below are some images of what I want the end result to look like. I want the layout and hierarchy of the design to be informs by the weather readings.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

@ewanleslie – I hope you made some progress on your project.

Here is a past discussion of a beginner generative design project you might find interesting:

I’d also encourage you to look at browse through past work in Processing while thinking about what kind of content mapping you are trying to do.

https://processing.org/exhibition/

…and in particular check out the book “Generative Design”