Where are the examples and media for "Processing: A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists"

I am working through the excellent book “Processing: A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists” by Casey Reas and Ben Fry.

Upon entering the 13th Chapter, Images, I am finding that I cannot locate the sketch examples for the book and especially the images used in the examples.

If course I can make my own 100px x 100px image and move on but I thought I would try and locate it.

In the book it lists the location as www.Processing.org/handbook but that link is deprecated.

I also checked the likely locations and came up empty handed.

Does anyone know where I can find the examples and media for this book?

Thank you!!

Hello,

https://github.com/processing/processing-docs/tree/master/content/handbook_2e/examples

:)

3 Likes

Ahh thank you very much this is super helpful!

Do you have any tips on downloading all of these files from the GitHub so that they appear inside of Processing?

I tried a few download tools but they did not seem to correctly convert the repo into the structure used by Processing to include examples.

Thanks again!

Download the code (green button) from here:

Copy the handbook_2e folder (in the content folder) from the zip:

To the examples folder where your sketches are.

And voila!

:)

2 Likes

Ahh thank you. It looks like my mistake was to try and download from the first link which was someways down the tree. Going from the top level as you just now linked seemed to make it all happen.

Thank you again for the help!

1 Like