[SOLVED] Where are support files that are in the examples?

I am a novice programmer and brand new to the Processing language. I am trying to do the Processing code in the Examples webpage. I keep running across files that are referred to in the code that I can’t seem to find. Where are they located for me to download so the Processing code can find them? An example is the “Pointillism” code. It refers to a file called “moonwalk.jpg”. Also, the “Letters” Example contains a font file called “SourceCodePro-Regular.ttf”. Where can I download these files? I have looked for them but cannot find them. I’m sure they’re right under my nose, but I’m still at a loss in locating them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for helping this newbie!

bob

1 Like
  1. “SourceCodePro-Regular.ttf”: “processing-folder”/lib/fonts/
  2. “moonwalk.jpg”: “processing-folder”/modes/java/examples/Basics/Image/Pointillism/data/

1 Like

If it were any closer to me, it would have bitten me!

Thanks for pointing out where it was and that I already had it. Now, I just have to figure out where to put the file that Processing will find it.

Thanks!

bob

Just put it where the Processing program is located and it finds it right away. No problems. The example now works and is doing what it’s supposed to.

Is there a way to tell Processing to look for a program-referenced file that is in another directory other than the one where the Processing program is located?

Processing’s IO functions accept full path filenames too. :file_cabinet:

But if you intend to deploy your sketch to other computers, you should place your local assets in the sketch’s own “data/” folder: :file_folder:

1 Like

That’s great! And thanks for the warning regarding deploying the sketch to other computers, since they likely will have different explicit paths to their respective folder.

Thanks again!