What's new for Pi & ARM in 3.3.7.1

Processing 3.3.7.1 is out of the oven. Here’s the build for ARM as well as our pre-configured Raspbian image. See our steps for how to get started with this those. Hope you enjoy!

• IO: pinMode() can now set pull-up and pull-down resistors on Raspbian (thanks to @xranby for 64-bit help)
  • IO: New example sketch showing how to use a MPR121 capacitive touch sensor (fun tutorial by @msurguy forthcoming)
  • IO: New example sketch showing how to use a BME280 environmental sensor (contributed by @OlivierLD)
  • IO: New example sketch showing how to use a TSL2561 light sensor (contributed by @OlivierLD)
  • IO: New example sketch showing how to use a PCA9685 Servo & PWM controller (contributed by @OlivierLD)
  • IO: pinMode() got faster
  • IO: I2C now supports talking to slower devices, such as Arduino boards
  • Support for ARM Mali graphics was added to P2D/P3D (thanks to seongwook from the forums for his help during bringup)
  • P3D now supports up to 4 lights on Pi using their OpenGL driver
  • Serial library now supports Raspbian’s port naming (such as “/dev/serial0”)
  • Processing on ARM can now export applications for Microsoft Windows
  • Java got updated to 8u172
2 Likes

Hi @gohai ,
It might be a silly question but i couldn’t find info that directly mention it. Are the pre-configures Raspbian image and installation guide working for SD cards above 32Go? I read there’s sometimes installation problem with bigger SD cards and the pre-configured image is the only way i’ve found not to have problem with the video library, so I just want to make sure before I buy these 14 sd cards :slight_smile:

thanks

@flashbacker The pre-configured Raspbian image should behave exactly the same way as regular Raspbian in that regard - so if that works on 32 GB cards (and I didn’t find anything that said it doesn’t), ours will work as well.

Curious about your project btw - 14 SD cards!

@gohai thanks, I guess this problem of the 32Go limit only exist with noobs then.

My project is a video installation with 13 screens (each connected to a pi) which are playing videos samples according to algorithmic patterns which are calculated and sent via OSC by another Pi (making it 14 then! :slight_smile: )

@flashbacker Cool - please post documentation (here or in #gallery)!