Video Library Capture doesn't work(ugly orange)

Greetings,
i’m trying using the Capture feature of the video library, but the output is just a ugly orange(RGB: 255.0,128.0,64.0). And this is the complete output. And there isn’t any error or somethig like that. And its the basic examplecode from capture. My camera works just fine. I tested it.

1 Like

What example from the Capture example are you sing?

Your camera works fine. How did you test it?

Did you check if your camera is recognized by checking the content of the array of the Capture list? What you could do is print the list first when the camera is not connected. Then you connect the camera and you print the list again. The difference in entries between the list corresponds to entries related to your camera. You can use any of these entries as your camera in Processing.

There have been reported cases where cameras do not work in Processing. My guess is that not all camera drivers are supported. You need to do the above test to see if your camera is being recognized by the PDE.

Kf

1 Like

Make sure to try v2 beta of the Video library (download on GitHub). GStreamer 0.10 is very old and unsupported and won’t necessarily work well with newer hardware. V2 is based on GStreamer 1.x and gst1-java-core.

2 Likes

hi @neilcsmith can you verify if this is the site to get the v2 please?

Kf

Yes, specifically https://github.com/processing/processing-video/releases/tag/r3-v2.0-beta1 Although the bundled GStreamer and gst1-java-core are both out of date a bit now. Hopefully someone will take on updating soon. Of course, there’s always PraxisLIVE if you want an up-to-date and better performing integration with Processing. :wink:

1 Like