I am having a problem with the video library the capture part, which keeps telling me the program can’t see any devices. I am aware of the issue with the video library, which mentioned here in the issue #134, and have read some other duplicated topics.
So I have tried most (maybe all of them, actually) solution described in the issue #134 until the very end of Ben Fry’s post that tell people about the Processing 4.
Thus, I downloaded the latest one: Processing 4 (alpha 3), but still did not work. Most of the people who had this issue also have different errors than mine. So I am curious if there’s something else I did wrong or missing.
Here’s my error which depends on if I use the camera’s name, or the index of the cam list:
Could not find device FaceTime HD Camera
ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out of bounds for length 0
And, here’s what is my current status, and what I have done:
- I am on Mac Catalina 10.15.7, Retina, Pro 15-inch, mid 2014
- I have changed the video file followed ihaveaccount
- I have tried the camera name like, danieloskarsson said. I also made sure that my camera hardware name is correct. Mine does not has the “(Built-in)” title like everyone else.
- My MacBook always sees Processing in the security and permission. It always and already checked to give access to the camera to Processing. Currently, I can see that the Processing access to the camera is the Processing 4 alpha 3 from the name showed in there.
- I have tried deleting the quarantine flag like, fdb said
- I finally tried updating the video library to 4 then 5 versions of it.
- However, my gstreamer is still at 1.14 while many on the issue mentioned 1.16. (Is this a problem?)
- Finally, I have tried the basic capture code with Processing 3.5.4 and 4 alpha 3. I still have both versions on my computer just to test this issue. (Is this maybe make a conflict between the two? I have had two programs named differently before but, maybe this time it’s different!?)
So there are my two questions here:
- Should I try to update my gstreamer and it may help? And how do I update that correctly? Download GStreamer. Do I need both of them as mentioned on the site? Is this why the video libraries 4 and 5 did not work?
- Anyone else has the same error that the processing in MacOS can’t find the camera no matter what still? Should I just find a Windows computer now? LOLOL
Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you!!