Unfolding Maps is back for Processing 4! 🗺️

Hi all! :waving_hand:

I love Unfolding Maps, but it hasn’t been updated since 2019: the Contribution Manager only offers an old version, and the default map tiles don’t load anymore. So I’ve been working on a fork to bring it back to life. :tada:

:backhand_index_pointing_right: Releases · enkatsu/unfolding · GitHub

Just double-click Unfolding.pdex to install it (macOS and Windows), or unzip Unfolding.zip into the libraries folder of your sketchbook.

What’s new

  • Built for Processing 4, and easy to install :sparkles:
  • Maps load again out of the box (many tile services had shut down or now need an API key, and you can use your own keys for Mapbox, Stadia Maps/Stamen, Thunderforest and more)
  • Works with the default renderer too, not just P2D/P3D
  • Fewer blank tiles, and MBTiles files open right where the map is

Your existing sketches should run as they are, since nothing in the API has been renamed.

If you try it out, I’d love to hear how it goes, and bug reports are very welcome on GitHub! :raising_hands:

Big thanks to Till Nagel and everyone who created Unfolding in the first place. :heart: