How to get and install Unfolding Map v0.9.9beta library?

Hi there,
I would like to use unfolding maps under P3. I saw on the forum that this seems possible using Unfolding Map v0.9.9beta library. Where can I get this library ?
Does it work fine ?

Thank you very much.
Best wishes for this new year !

Made a quick search, and found this website.
http://unfoldingmaps.org/downloads
I don’t know about v0.9.9beta version though, as I don’t see it anywhere on the site, but I think you’ll be fine with v0.9.6.

Also, it specifies Processing 2.2, so you might want to get that version of Processing instead. I don’t know about getting it to work with Processing 3 - although it would probably just work out of the box with it.

I just checked and unfolding version 0.96 does not work under P3.
I have to stay under P2.2.1 when I have to use maps. Too bad …

I wrote 2 hours ago to Till Nagel and he just sent me a link to the library. It works fine !
Cool !

very good,
is it possible to share that link?

Yes, it seems the best way at the moment is to contact him. Any time I need the latest update, I will ping him. I am not sure why he does not make the latest lib available on his site. He is the owner and maintainer after all… we are lucky we can still get access to all these updates. And to confirm, yes, it works with the latest Processing 3 version.

Kf

This library is so useful. A magnificent job. I hope Till can keep it in time.
As far as I am concerned, I will probably no longer use Processing without this library.
Processing is good, Unfolding too, together, we can do so many things …

Is it still possible to use UnfoldingMaps for Processing3? I’ve emailed the author but haven’t gotten a response as of yet.

See also:

:)

thanks for the reply I already have code done a while back but when trying to use it in P3 it doesn’t work. even when installing the files for unfoldingmaps?

may I send over what I have done and see if anyone is able to figure out my issues?

Yes it works but some problems. I used it a long time ago. I kept the zip file. Interested ?

I keep getting errors when I open the project - “import de cannot be resolved” any ideas what to do? and if you have the link I can try re doing the download. But overall Im just confused ahaha

is there any way of transferring what I have done in P2 into P3?

Can you send me a simple sketch ?

Anyway to email you my contents. Might be easy for you to use?

I have my project in a zip file if possible to send over?

can you post it on this forum?

If possible get a link for the “Unfolding” file that would be grand.
I imported it but for some reason in the “contributed libraries” tab no “unfolded” file is there for P3

Is it in the correct libraries folder?

Do you see the examples from the Processing PDE?

I installed this the first time and can see all the examples and run most of them; one had an invalid url.

:)