TYPe Portrait (Solo Exhibition)

Happy New Year. I would like to share my new solo exhibition, TYPE Portrait. Currently, it is at Brooks Stevens Gallery of Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design. It is an in-person exhibition with an appointment to visit.

TYPE PORTRAIT - 01/15/2021 - 03/05/2021

Dates: January 15 – March 5

Location: Brooks Stevens Gallery (View in person by appointment only. Contact Mark Lawson

Yeohyun Ahn presents a series of generative typography as self-portraits, which convey her response to her sense of invisibility as a woman of color. Ahn started this project in 2015 to raise awareness of Asian female faculty being isolated and marginalized in a predominantly white institution of America. Ahn’s work uses diverse typefaces to convey feelings and thoughts, and shows possibilities for using the personality of each typeface for expressive and visually appealing generative selfies.

Here is the link for Virtual Reality exhibition at Type Portrait - Tangible Type Exhibition | Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design

Instagram link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ7PptlBsQa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Please feel free to contact me if you would have any inquiries about the exhibition and project.

Thank you for your interest and have a wonderful day.

Best regards,

Yeohyun Ahn

1 Like

Very impressive!

Congratulations.

1 Like