Programming Posters - Creative Coding in the realms of Graphic Design

Hi folks!

I’m finally done with the case study of an explorative project that i’ve been working on for a few months: “Programming Posters”:

Hope you like it!

Here’s the “official” text:

The printed poster, the major medium for visual communication in public space for centurys, experiences fundamental transformations. The „Poster 2.0“ is much more than a surface with type, colors and images on it: It is an interactive application, animated, audible, data driven and intermedial. It involves all senses and disciplines. And it melts together graphic design with cutting edge technologies.

Designer and educator Tim Rodenbröker teaches Generative Design at Rhine-Waal University in Germany. To prepare his recent course titled „Programming Posters“, he developed more than 40 generative design-systems to showcase the visual possibilities of algorithmic graphic design.

14 Likes

Hey Tim, congrats, this is a great project! I’ve been seeing your posters around on social networks and I really like the way you approach graphic design and typography :slight_smile:

Hi Jakub, thank you very much! Love to hear that!

1 Like

Great job, I like this work very much.
Will be experimenting with colors the next step ?

1 Like

OMG this is awesome!!!

1 Like

Hey Tim, you might like this work.

I want to work on something aesthetically similar, but in relation to mathematics.

Anyway, hope you find it interesting.

2 Likes

Hi @jonvon73! Sorry for the very late reply, no i will keep the colors as they are, because they foster the remarkability.

Hi @Oskar! The motion-type-site is an excellent source of inspiration. Super cool! Thank you very much!

1 Like

Glad you liked it Tim!