Sending application via email/google drive

I have exported my sketch as an application. The application runs fine on my computer. However, when I upload it to google drive and then download it from there, it won’t run. I click on the icon and nothing happens. Am I missing some steps?

Hi,

How did you uploaded your exported application? Did you export the whole folder with the libraries and everything?

One solution might be to compress it into a .zip archive so it’s at the same time packaged into one file and smaller without altering it.

1 Like

I have the same issue on my Mac (Big Sur).
What I observe:

The exported app runs fine. This applies to the most basic app.
After zipping / unzipping the app doesnt work anymore.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-29 um 17.13.13

Have you found a solution?

No, I haven’t. It’s a bummer because as fun as it is to make stuff in processing, I really want to share it with other people!

Hey Jack

This solved it for me. Its only a fix if you want to install it yourself on a different computer.

Open Terminal and enter this command.

xattr -cr /Applications/Signal.app

“Use xattr on the App Throwing the Damaged Error
This is sort of a last resort and is only recommended for advanced Mac users. Generally speaking if the app is still throwing a ‘damaged’ error message you might want to not use it. Use this at your own risk.”

I will however try to properly sign the exported application for proper sharing.