Seeking Feedback on GSoC Proposal: Enhancing FES and Documentation

Hello Processing Foundation Community!

I am Chenxu He, a student pursuing a Master’s degree in Computer Science at Seattle University. As a woman who transitioned from a law background into the tech field, I believe I am a great fit for this project.

Here is the link of my proposal. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, ideas, or advice you have to help improve my proposal. Your feedback is invaluable, and I’m excited about the prospect of becoming an active contributor to the Processing Foundation community!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

cc @qianqian_ye @sableRaph

1 Like

Thanks @chenxu for sharing your proposal about p5.js FES. The proposal looks good. It’d be great if you could write more about how you’d like to resolve the existing FES issue with a more detailed plan. It’d be very helpful if you could include some of your previous coding projects. Thank you!

Hi @qianqian_ye !

Thanks for your feedback! I updated the proposal and made it more clearer for TODOs of every issue. I also raised a PR ([FES] Replace throw error with FES by chechenxu · Pull Request #6098 · processing/p5.js · GitHub) and added a section “Development Showcase” in the proposal to show my practice of p5.js and eligibility for this project.

Here is the updated proposal: GSoC Proposal - Chenxu He - Google Docs

Thank you for your time!