Running P3D Processing sketch in JAR file, using Netbeans

Hi. I know there is a way to program with Processing P3D in an external IDE.

I have successfully been able to run 2D and P3D sketches within NetBeans IDE. But if I build the project to a JAR file with Processing P3D in my sketch, and try to run the JAR file, I get this error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: C:\Users\*****\natives\windows-i586\\gluegen-rt.dll

What can I do about this in order to make a Processing P3D sketch run in a JAR file?
I know it has something to do with the JOGL library Processing uses, but I don’t know how to satisfy the error.

Sketch running fine in netbeans:

Sketch running as JAR file in Windows Powershell…

I’m Having trouble to run P3D renderer with processing inside NetBeans
( using NetBeans 11.1 and OpenJDK 11.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 )
Please could you tel me how you managed to makeit work?

and the error message I get:

run:
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3 (file:/home/prokop/SW/JOGL/jogamp-all-platforms/jar/gluegen-rt.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary(java.lang.String)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)’ failed!
/home/prokop/.cache/netbeans/11.1/executor-snippets/run.xml:111: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/prokop/.cache/netbeans/11.1/executor-snippets/run.xml:68: Java returned: 127
BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

This is an annoying problem with Ubuntu’s OpenJDK. You’ll get the same problem running JOGL / Processing / PDE against that. You could try a downgrade to OpenJDK 8, or downloading an OpenJDK from AdoptOpenJDK instead.

Incidentally, you know we’re on NetBeans 12.2 now, and 12.3 is almost out?!

What is the benefit of AdoptOpenJDK? How is their JDK11 better than official Apache JDK ?

yes, but somehow my Ubuntu 18.04 prefers OpenJDK11 and I did not found simple way how to install OpenJDK 12

You’re mixing up OpenJDK and Apache NetBeans in your questions!

AdoptOpenJDK is better than Ubuntu’s OpenJDK in this specific case - it doesn’t suffer from the same bug! Or use another vendor’s OpenJDK. The key thing is that the error Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: is caused by the OpenJDK from Ubuntu.