JOGL Error when running Processing 4.0b8 on external IDE with Apple Silicon

I originally had a repo for Windows that was working perfectly and I assumed that all I had to do was clone the repo and change the x86 jars to ARM, and that worked for Processing but IntelliJ isn’t recognizing Jogamp.
I am sure that Processing is consistent with their JOGL version as Processing standalone does work, but not with IntelliJ.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can’t load library: /Users/Ailun/Documents/GitHub/Tut/natives/macosx-universal/gluegen_rt
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2393)
at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:755)
at java.base/java.lang.System.load(System.java:1953)
at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibraryInternal(JNILibLoaderBase.java:625)
at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.access$000(JNILibLoaderBase.java:64)
at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase$DefaultAction.loadLibrary(JNILibLoaderBase.java:107)
at com.jogamp.common.jvm.JNILibLoaderBase.loadLibrary(JNILibLoaderBase.java:488)
at com.jogamp.common.os.DynamicLibraryBundle$GlueJNILibLoader.loadLibrary(DynamicLibraryBundle.java:427)
at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform$1.run(Platform.java:321)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318)
at com.jogamp.common.os.Platform.(Platform.java:290)
at com.jogamp.nativewindow.NativeWindowFactory$1.run(NativeWindowFactory.java:239)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318)
at com.jogamp.nativewindow.NativeWindowFactory.(NativeWindowFactory.java:236)
at com.jogamp.newt.NewtFactory$1.run(NewtFactory.java:69)
at com.jogamp.newt.NewtFactory.(NewtFactory.java:66)
at processing.opengl.PSurfaceJOGL.initIcons(PSurfaceJOGL.java:475)
at processing.opengl.PSurfaceJOGL.initFrame(PSurfaceJOGL.java:147)
at processing.core.PApplet.initSurface(PApplet.java:10537)
at processing.core.PApplet.runSketch(PApplet.java:10443)
at processing.core.PApplet.main(PApplet.java:10187)
at Main.main(Main.java:48)

There didn’t exist a natives/macosx-universal folder so I created it and added the gluegen-rt.jar to it, however it has not fixed the issue.
I have added the folder to the classpath too (I’m using IntelliJ with Gradle so I also added it to the gradle.build), but that didn’t work either.

I would greatly appreciate any help!

Did you import the Processing ‘core’ library into IntelliJ?

Yes, I have.

import processing.core.PApplet;

public class Main extends PApplet {

public void settings(){
        size(600,600, P2D); // If I remove P2D, it works!
    }

public void setup(){}
    public void draw(){}

public static void main(String[] args) {
        PApplet.main("Main");
    }
}

I observed basically the same thing on BigSur; removing ‘P2D’ allows it to compile without error. I think natives/macosx-universal/gluegen_rt is a jar file. There are several versions online that may be downloaded, but so far adding these to the project folder has not fixed it.

I had to import all the JOGL and gluegen jar files to get P2D working in IntelliJ.