Regarding Understanding of codebase

Hello Everyone,

It’s stated that I Radhe Raman Tiwari is a Computer Science Student who is having a passion to work towards Open Source Community and the Processing Foundation is a great Community to do so. I have been working with JavaScript for the past one year and got my interest in the open-source community.

I have been exploring p5.js(JavaScript) for the past month. Due to my keen interest in web applications and open-source, I want to start contributing to p5.js but finding difficulties in getting a grasp over the huge codebase of p5.js so I need your guidance in understanding the codebase.

I am looking forward to hearing from you which makes me an Open Source Contributor thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Radhe Raman Tiwari
Imphal, India
radheramantiwari87@gmail.com

1 Like

Thank you for your interest in contributing to development! I am not a p5.js core developer, but you might want to look over the github issues:

and in particular “help wanted” labels.

Rather than trying to understand the entire code base at the beginning – are there particular areas that you are interested in? Animation, sound, typography, 3D…? Or you can pick an area that needs help, and start there.

You might also be interested in this recent post: