Regarding Understanding of codebase

Hello Everyone,

It’s stated that I Radhe Raman Tiwari is a Computer Science Student who is having a passion to work towards Open Source Community and the Processing Foundation is a great Community to do so. I have been working with JavaScript for the past one year and got my interest in the open-source community.

I have been exploring p5.js(JavaScript) for the past month. Due to my keen interest in web applications and open-source, I want to start contributing to p5.js but finding difficulties in getting a grasp over the huge codebase of p5.js so I need your guidance in understanding the codebase.

I am looking forward to hearing from you which makes me an Open Source Contributor thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,

Radhe Raman Tiwari
Imphal, India
radheramantiwari87@gmail.com

Thank you for your interest in contributing to development! I am not a p5.js core developer, but you might want to look over the github issues:

and in particular “help wanted” labels.

Rather than trying to understand the entire code base at the beginning – are there particular areas that you are interested in? Animation, sound, typography, 3D…? Or you can pick an area that needs help, and start there.

…

You might also be interested in this recent post: