Processing Sketch to auto launch not happening (cron, launchd, nor exported sketch)

Hello,

I’m trying to have a Processing sketch launch automatically for installation purposes.

I’m using a M1 Mac Mini OS 11.3.1

I have a bash script that runs successfully from the command line (ie, the sketch launches when I run the script). The permissions on the script are set to:

-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 LadyK staff run-graphics.sh

Yet, neither a cronjob nor a launchd works to run the script at timed intervals.

Cron job:

*/5 * * * * LadyK /Users/LadyK/Luciferins/path/to/run-graphics.sh

The cron job doesn’t run.

When I change the cron job to:

*/5 * * * * sh /Users/LadyK/Luciferins/path/to/run-graphics.sh

Cron sends me mail that there are no libraries for the various dependencies that I require. It asks me to install them in the “libraries” folder in the sketchbook, which is where they are installed (when I am logged in as LadyK)

When I try to launch the script (which launches the sketch) using Launchd:

Launchd file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Label run-graphics Program Users/LadyK/Luciferins/path/to/run-graphics.sh StartInterval 180

I did install “processing-java” under tools, enabling it for all users, and entered my password. Yet, that doesn’t seem to stick/hold, as I’m able to repeat the process over and over.

I then loaded the plist file using “launchctl load myfile.plist” in the command line.

I can see the file trying to launch via Commander, but nothing launches.

Exporting the Sketch

When I export the sketch, the sketch exports. Yet, when I go in the project file to launch “mySketch”, I get an alert saying that “mySketch quit unexpectedly”.

I’ve pasted the crash file below.

Perhaps there is something at issue more deeply within? Here’s a link to my sketch: Fish/portalGraphics/portalGraphics at master · LadyK/Fish · GitHub

So, I’m not sure exactly what’s going on, but it seems that nothing I’m trying here is working. If anyone has any insights as to how to make one of these mechanisms work, I’d be grateful for your time and insights.

thank you kindly,

LadyK

****** Crash file report:

Here’s the plist script:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
  <dict>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>mySketch</string>
    <key>Program</key>
    <string>/Users/LadyK/path/to/script/run-mysketch.sh</string>
    <key>StartInterval</key>
    <integer>180</integer>
  </dict>
</plist>