Processing Android Problems

I am having a problem with processing android it won’t display onto the phone i have done all the steps to display it but i think the problem is coming from that processing android only runs android 8.0 phones is there a way to run android 6.0.1 thanks imaginativeCODE.

Ive gotten processing for android working on my phone (7.1.1) though I have found that not all cables that connect your phone to your computer work, some only transfer power.

Also when you connect your phone a pop up should appear on the phone asking permission to connect to the computer with the computers RSA key
(I would get a screenshot for you but Ive set my phone to remember my laptops RSA key so i dont need to do that)

@imaginativeCODE Have you run android code before on any other device? If this is your first time, it is important to know and you need to make sure you can run simple sketches as shown in the Processing Android website.

If you cannot run the example provide in the tutorial, then it is a problem with your current configuration.

Kf

@DogeMastr
Also when you connect your phone a pop up should appear on the phone asking permission to connect to the computer with the computers RSA key

Yes this pops up and i give permission to connect to the computer.

@kfrajer,
Have you run android code before on any other device? If this is your first time, it is important to know and you need to make sure you can run simple sketches as shown in the Processing Android website.

No i haven’t this is my first crack at Processing Android. Yes i am running simple sketches from the Processing Android website. But i think the problem is in Processing Android because in my sketch under android/device it says “no device connected” or its blank. But outside of my sketch my computer says that my device is connected and i can access its files all that stuff.

So if im correct you should be getting this when you have your phone connected: image

If that is so what I did is I went to the android studio website (because I was manually installing the sdk) and downloaded an OEM USB Driver scroll down to the bottom of that page and download your brand of phones driver, If its not on that list you could look at the manufactures website for one or do some extra searching.

This is what I would recommend you to read over if you haven’t done so: http://android.processing.org/tutorials/getting_started/index.html

Did you enable the developer mode in your device and you need to enable USB debugging.

Kf

Sorry for the very late reply i will try this out thanks imaginativeCODE.