Platforms to run Processing

Thank you Jeremy.

I think I downloaded the latest version.

Shall I download each in sequence and see if any work with P3D and P2D on my WinXP or Win7 or Win10?

Regards
Peter Turner

I’d honestly focus on just a couple versions on one OS – e.g. 3.4 and 3.5.3 on either Windows 10 or 7. Fully install one, then fully document the complete error log that you get and post it. Then fully uninstall, fully install the next, same.

Your error:

Cannot link program:Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) failed to link.

is, as it says, a fragment shader error. I don’t know enough about that subsystem to know if that is your graphics card, a driver, permissions, etc. You could try posting the error with complete information to Processing issues if nobody can help you here:

Thanks Jeremy.

I’ll do that

Regards
Peter Turner

Also see if you can get Examples / Demos / Tests / SpecsTest to run, and if it does output anything (to the console in PDE) then post it back here.

1 Like

Tested and running just fine all 3d examples on standard computer Window 7 64

1 Like

Hello Neil.

Which version of processing are you using? I have tried 3.5.3 and 3.5.4 and neither work on my Win10 64 bit, Win7 32 bit, WinXP 32 bit. I assume I’m missing some files. I’m now trying processing debugging and I’ll send you the error list in addition to Framebuffering issue

Regards
Peter Turner

Could it be related to https://discourse.processing.org/search?q=defender ?

@hamoid

I’ve looked at this refeence and it seems to be failure to run processing at all, not just 3D sketches.

Is that so?

Regards
Peter Turner

@noel

Apologies Noel. I addressed my earlier reply to Neil rather than Noel. Which version of processing are you using? I get failure (only for 3D sketches) on 64 bit Win10, 32 bit Win7, 32 bit WinXP.

I attach a copy of the error listing with Primitives3D on 64 bit Win10. I get different errors on 32 bit Win7.

Regards
Peter Turner

(Attachment processing_error_log-3D_sketches.txt is missing)

I was using 3.5.3, but just actualized it to 3.5.4, running all 3d animation examples simultaneously in a fluid way.
Previously I was using W10 home also without problems, but switched to 7 again just because I really think it was the best version ever.
Using a cheap Intel Celeron CPU J1800 2.41 GHz 4G ram
I would open the computer, verify brand name and model of motherboard\graphics card; search the drivers on the net, and reinstall them.

PS Attachment processing_error_log-3D_sketches.txt is missing

1 Like